Match Thread Aston Villa vs. Everton - Carabao Cup Third Round

Your MOTM vs Aston Villa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you talking about? Just take the 9 players from our bench at the weekend and add another youth player and done,do you think Lutons 10 changes were any good?! They obviously have a much worse squad than us

Players out of position all over the shop. We don’t have a balanced squad.

If you start Keane there will be nothing to salvage in the 65th minute.

The boy can head it and that's about it. If we leave any space behind or in front of him, we're screwed. Which is why you don't start Gueye with Keane in the team, and defend the six yard box. Basically what Ancelotti realised he needed to do with Keane as his only fit CB.

Other than Mik Kegs who else do we go for? Ben God?

I get why many want us to go for it, but being completely honest, we have to recognise the state we're in.

The league is crucial. The entire focus should be on ensuring we beat Luton on Saturday. I have zero faith that our full strength 11 would beat Villa, I have zero faith that we'd not only beat them, but go on a cup run and win it/get to the final. You have to be realistic and say that this season, we have to focus on avoiding relegation and beginning to build something.

We've beaten Brentford and suddenly I'm seeing overly optimistic fans, it's 3 points. A fantastic win and hopefully kick starts things, but let's not lose focus. 6 points from the next 2 home games is crucial.

A cup run almost becomes a distraction if you're focusing on something bigger. I want a cup, I'm desperate for one. Desperate. But not at the expense of our league status or if it adds more stress to our survival.

I may get ripped apart and I know the flip side is confidence and wins etc, but I don't actually believe those things anymore. It's football talk. I'd love a win tonight, but are we going to beat the big boys later down the line? I'm fearful of Luton on Saturday.

I get why many want us to go for it, but being completely honest, we have to recognise the state we're in.

The league is crucial. The entire focus should be on ensuring we beat Luton on Saturday. I have zero faith that our full strength 11 would beat Villa, I have zero faith that we'd not only beat them, but go on a cup run and win it/get to the final. You have to be realistic and say that this season, we have to focus on avoiding relegation and beginning to build something.

We've beaten Brentford and suddenly I'm seeing overly optimistic fans, it's 3 points. A fantastic win and hopefully kick starts things, but let's not lose focus. 6 points from the next 2 home games is crucial.

A cup run almost becomes a distraction if you're focusing on something bigger. I want a cup, I'm desperate for one. Desperate. But not at the expense of our league status or if it adds more stress to our survival.

I may get ripped apart and I know the flip side is confidence and wins etc, but I don't actually believe those things anymore. It's football talk. I'd love a win tonight, but are we going to beat the big boys later down the line? I'm fearful of Luton on Saturday.
All good points but I think we are going to be fearful of all our opponents this season. It's a game we should win comfortably though but we all know how that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.