Atmosphere at Goodison

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the problem, getting fans to admit or even care about the poor atmosphere. People have it in their heads that they're 'better' fans because they don't want to "act like kopites". That's fine, but you're no better, just the same as I'm no better because I want to support my team more vocally than those who don't. The way everyone talks about the Gwladys Street you'd think it was unreal but it's a morgue like the rest of the ground. It's about time we changed this. Hearing away fans singing "is this a library?" is a ritual.
Spot on again.

It's every single home game, i've even heard people saying around me "we need a bad tackle or a bad decision and it'll be jumping"

we were THREE NIL up and sat in silence. Too many people jumped on the booer's...at least they were vocal and expressed their feelings, 3 0 up and the ground in silence is disgraceful, all the people disgusted with the boos need to explain why they weren't singing and making it a "winning atmosphere"

I've said it several times, singing section needed...PE6/PE7. Right next to the away fans, get songs going, make noise and shut them up, with this the GS end will join in and then the ground would.

And to set the record straight, I don't want to be like Palace or sing for the sake of it, sing when the opposition scores etc. I'm not into all that but FFS, lets get some heart back into the ground. Far too many people think it isn't 'Everton' to want to create a bit of noise, how can so many people be brainwashed into thinking they are some superior Evertonian because they 'watch' and sit in silence. 'Not Everton that', 'Kopite behaviour' etc... Amazing.

Smile at this. It's a trend now to quote we are acting like koppites and that we are a reaction support that acts to see what goes on on the pitch. This was not the case. It is a new trend. I live abroad now and get to 3 or 4 matches a year. But I'm a through blue since 1983. I had season tickets for 10 years in gt4 and it was the norm to stand and sing and go a bit nuts swinging off the rafters etc even against some rubbish teams. It's was a part of a football match. Have found the atmosphere has become progressively boring the last number of years. However ye regular attenders in the street end can get it back best of luck to ye but the club need to get involved. Nobody wants an ultras etc section but something has to be done or else the" thats Koppite behaviour crowd" will have us eating popcorn. LONG LIVE GT4 GT5 GT6

Keep telling yourself that, i used to believe it.

Yet every away game i've been the home crowd have been singing and making noise, it's a myth.

We have one of the worst atmosphere's in the prem

Its true this, a lot of the grounds around the country are far more vocal than Goodison, but its more the abuse being directed at Everton players i think is our main problem.

It amuses me in away when the Park End point to a empty upper tier in the Bullens Road in response to taunts about our support, because we take
great numbers away compared to what come to Goodison a lot of our fans are confusing that with great vocal support. Away from home were also not as loud as we think we are.

maybe the club should clear a section for the more vocal fans to gather, like palace have, to whip the crowd up, they always look like there having a good time in that corner.

Spot on again.

It's every single home game, i've even heard people saying around me "we need a bad tackle or a bad decision and it'll be jumping"

we were THREE NIL up and sat in silence. Too many people jumped on the booer's...at least they were vocal and expressed their feelings, 3 0 up and the ground in silence is disgraceful, all the people disgusted with the boos need to explain why they weren't singing and making it a "winning atmosphere"

I've said it several times, singing section needed...PE6/PE7. Right next to the away fans, get songs going, make noise and shut them up, with this the GS end will join in and then the ground would.

PE7 is the best bet but I admit it's been a while since I've been in the Park End so I may be out of touch in what happens there now, but you won't get anything going in the Park End unless you get standing in there. So how would you get fans to stand up in there?

Its true this, a lot of the grounds around the country are far more vocal than Goodison, but its more the abuse being directed at Everton players i think is our main problem.

It amuses me in away when the Park End point to a empty upper tier in the Bullens Road in response to taunts about our support, because we take
great numbers away compared to what come to Goodison a lot of our fans are confusing that with great vocal support. Away from home were also not as loud as we think we are.
I agree the two aways that stick out for me are Sunderland and Man City both very boring atmospheres IMO. I was in tier 2 at City and I swear it made the lower bullens look mental.

PE7 is the best bet but I admit it's been a while since I've been in the Park End so I may be out of touch in what happens there now, but you won't get anything going in the Park End unless you get standing in there. So how would you get fans to stand up in there?
I disagree, i've been in the park end for about 11 years now, in that time we've had some absolutely deafening matches, standing isn't the issue for me, it's getting fans to actually be up for the game and not grumble at every single thing...i'm a hypocrite because i'm really bad for it too, but if a song starts..i'll join in, LOUDLY.

PE7 needs to become the singing section, or both PE6 and 7. It's a sad indication of modern football which many will refuse to accept, but it needs to happen.

Everton fans have been far to conservative for too long, we are a sit down, shut up and take a back seat crowd these days.look at them across the park at least they are making their voice heard over ticket prices.we just put up with everything. Ticket prices for our home game with Man City start at £40 ( and they are obstructed views), christ we haven't won a trophy for 20 years and don't have modern facilities; what gives the club the right?.

A song for the new year :

Sung in the trenches in WW1 to the tune of Auld Lang Syne

We're here, because we're here, because we're here, because we're here ; we're he, because we're here,because we're here,because we're here.

....fans want to see us attacking, exerting pressure, getting around the back of defences, fizzing crosses in, creating chances and scoring goals. That's what we were doing last season. That's what gets the atmosphere up. Fans are the same in this respect it's just that the Old Lady bounces when the Blues are having a real go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back