Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron are you having a laugh thats exactly how football works.
it isnt though is it, footballers don't just sign as soon as they are linked in the papers blue parkender, a deal can take weeks, it can take days the point is it varies, it isn't relying on the timescale you set in your own mind.

so just because YOU think it's taking too long (which i think is mad since we only reportedly agreed the fee for him about 3 days ago) doesn't mean its taking too long at all, things are complicated and take time to happen.

it isnt though is it, footballers don't just sign as soon as they are linked in the papers blue parkender, a deal can take weeks, it can take days the point is it varies, it isn't relying on the timescale you set in your own mind.

so just because YOU think it's taking too long (which i think is mad since we only reportedly agreed the fee for him about 3 days ago) doesn't mean its taking too long at all, things are complicated and take time to happen.
We have been linked for weeks he is just playing with us, don't get me wrong i like the lad and would be made up if he signed he is a big improvement on what we have. I just dont think he wants it as much as i do,

1. Would you have wanted Townsend and Tomkins? No.
2. They were close to Musa in January so it's not been just over a week.
3. Marseille were desperate to sell before July that's why it was fast.

You're a tit.
To make an example of this;

This post has earned a warning and for this member, a resulting ban. The main body is fine, however the parting comment is what we do not want here.

Do NOT resort to childish name calling. It is not wanted.

3fe8db8858c39f54433f183e26cf400f94346c028d4ae31c8ec349fc12868e98.jpg

We have been linked for weeks he is just playing with us, don't get me wrong i like the lad and would be made up if he signed he is a big improvement on what we have. I just dont think he wants it as much as i do,
Mate honestly not trying to be funny with you really not, understand where you are coming from.

But that honestly means nothing, a couple of weeks to sort out of a deal isn't unusual at all, the only time that deals get rushed around is deadline day and even then thats usually something thats been going on for 1-2 weeks, and if it isn't it's because things have been rushed and short cutted.

When you're paying relatively big money, and very big wages (for our side) and when you're selling a key player (for zenits side) deals take time, even relatively small things can take a lot of time, papers make this more annoying for us fans because agents may let wind of whats happening to a journo they trust and they will go and run a story about it way before the deals actually near closure. At this time of the year deals just wont be rushed, you're right he probably might be holding out for a bigger club but as it stands right now we're his best option, we look close to agreeing a deal with him and it literally could just be one or two little things dragging out the deal.

I'm pretty positive he will sign, but deals are very complex, and various parties have their own interests, but it's just about getting him and his agent to agree on things and sign on the dotted line.

Can't blame the lad, He's waiting on a big club coming in for him

Can see Chelsea or an Italian club signing him

Hopefully Koeman has a long list of targets

I mentioned a few days ago I had a belgian mate who always said Witsel was his favourite player of the belgian squad. Got back in touch there today with him and he still days he would be his favourite as he is the most consistent and always highly focused.

Said he doesnt do much in attacking would be the defensive shield and always keep it simple, keep the ball and the team moving with his passing.

Didnt watch Schneiderlin much at Southampton, but was that not more his role under Koeman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back