Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been awful at the euros. attitude in football is a massive factor on a players ongoing performances. The fact that he was happy to go to Russia says a lot. £30m ~ on him seems a massive gamble.

Was he awful when they won 4-0, or when they won 3-0, or against Sweden? He's had a decent tournament and is a good player.

Anyone saying he's crap has clearly not watched him properly beyond last night.

That said, not convinced he's a £30m player. But Koeman's transfer record is excellent so I'll trust him.

Was he awful when they won 4-0, or when they won 3-0, or against Sweden? He's had a decent tournament and is a good player.
It's all about opinions and mine is that he's been poor. No matter the result. I've heard too many times about him not tracking his players which leads to a chance, attitude again.

Is he even that good?

Didn't stand out for Belgium, and I doubt many people have been watching Zenit's games.

I remember him and Defour were highly rated at Liege, but he's hardly set the world alight.
I think the easiest thing to say is if we signed him tomorrow he would easily be our best midfielder on the pitch. I don't think it matters if he is better than someone else in the world or how good he is, just that he would be a significant upgrade on what we have been used to and a real suggestion we are planning on signing top players.

judging by some of the experts here after last nights game we should be signing robson-kanu whos just been released by reading.
witsel is a class act.

Not sure we could afford him after that display last night - anyway imagine having a player on the books with 2 x dads - couldnt cope with Brian Robson and Kanu gobbing off in the papers that he wanted a big move to a champions league club every time he nips out to Aldi for a pint of Milk!

I mean you must know that is not even remotely true right? The gulf in quality between the two is enormous, the gulf in quality between Witsel and any of our centre mids apart from Barry (God I wish he was 5 years younger) is enormous. The price is excessive but he would undoubtedly be a big upgrade in this position.

He that good that hes nearly 28 and has ended up playing in Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back