Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's no more of a 'leader' than McCarthy is mate.

He's not exactly known for his aerial ability either - a good header against Ireland like but not renowned for it.

Better range of passing and better on the ball - probably a more 'dominant' player as well.

McCarthy is very good at breaking up play and keeping the ball moving - so if he played alongside a player with the ability of Witsel I think they could form a real partnership. We'll see.

Have to disagree with this. He only do sideway and backpass.

We're in for both
If we are after both and mata (by all accounts) then stones I'd definitely on his way. Scherderlein and Witsel for slightly more than the sale of stones sounds good in theory, but leaves us desperately short at the back. We will have to pay top dollar to replace stones.

Noticed he was the one having a go at the other players after williams went unmarked the next corner after he scored as well, which was nice to see

Hes one of the "captains" who wilmots trusts.

I think he may be ours or at least a vice captain which we lack.

I've only watched him once properly.
Last night.
And he was crap.

Convince me he should become Everton Football Clubs record signing mate ?

I know you watch the foreign footy a lot and you know your stuff.

I've probably watched him about 15 times, mainly for Belgium, so not an expert like. Personally don't think he's a £30m player, but the notion of our record signing being our best player is silly as the transfer fees have ballooned to ridiculous heights. What we sold Rooney for won't get you Troy flipping Deeney now.

All I know is he'd probably be our best midfielder straight away. He's an improvement on McCarthy, on Besic and on Fellaini beforehand. Barry is a slightly different kind of player and I personally think Barry is top class, but he's 7 years older than Witsel so perhaps it's a moot point trying to compare them. Anyway, he wasn't even that bad last night and I just do not understand why people would write off someone after one performance. Most of the top players at the Euros have been utter pants. Even Bale was mediocre last night. I'd still have him though!

Anyone saying he's crap has clearly not watched him properly beyond last night.

That said, not convinced he's a £30m player. But Koeman's transfer record is excellent so I'll trust him.

Koemans transfer record? What are you basing that on?

Reporting this

not suprised lord of darkness

fo_jez_jerzy_kadry_2_38053.jpg

Really surprised koeman hasn't gone for scherderlein. Had him at Southampton, adapted and proven in the premier league. Now that Utd have signed mkhitaryan, maybe if the Witsel deal falls through he will turn his attention to him.

We'll see what happens.

He's been in the job two weeks.

Pre-season training doesn't start until Monday, and 7 of our first-team squad won't be involved straight away either.

He needs to assess first.

There's two months of the window to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back