Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Based on the fact he chose to play in Russia, he's obviously in it for the dough, which I have no problem with. Just means he's more likely to choose us over Napoli. Can't see them paying 100k a week wages

Nah at the time he went to Russia (2012 I think) he was Zenit's record transfer fee and they also signed Hulk. They meant business the Russian team league was on the up and IIRC Russia themselves had had a decent Euros.

It's gone down hill massively in the last year or two, though.

Premier League or Serie A, yes.

Napoli are a huge club. Massive history, mental fans, in the CL.

Pretty much the same as us, like, except they've got sun and Champions League football. We've got Burnley away.

Napoli will only offer 40 grand a week, he wants 60 - Italian sources from last night

E: http://www.football-italia.net/86557/napoli-baulk-witsel-demands

There are reports Napoli have abandoned Axel Witsel talks after an unsuccessful meeting with the Zenit and Belgium star.

According to Sport Mediaset, the negotiations quickly soured when it came to discussing personal terms.

The midfielder wants to receive wages worth €4m per year, whereas Napoli would at most offer €2.5m.

With such a huge gap, the club decided to interrupt talks.

Napoli will now go all in for Porto man Hector Herrera instead, offering €18m plus another €5m in bonuses.

As for Witsel, he continues to receive interest from clubs in Italy and England, including Juventus, Roma and Milan.

Nah at the time he went to Russia (2012 I think) he was Zenit's record transfer fee and they also signed Hulk. They meant business the Russian team league was on the up and IIRC Russia themselves had had a decent Euros.

Fair play mate. I always thought it was kind of the way the Chinese league is at the minute in that they just throw money at players to get them to go. But I'm quite ignorant to any football outside of the premier league to be fair.

Fair enough.

Looked a bit lost at times yesterday when defending set-pieces, but then they all did.

But he's not a massive threat in the way Fellaini/Cahill is/were, is he, he's much more of a 'ball player'

He was shadowing Bale on them all mate, think the confusion he was showing after 1 or 2 of them was him having a go at the shambles that was the rest of the team, Bale was noticably shackled well last night in general play and set pieces and in large part that was down to Witsel - sometimes a good game can be nullifying yourself at the expense of taking out an opponent - which he did tbf

No arguments he isn't a Cahill type mate, although belgium don't use his late runs into the box anyway near as they should do, but on defending set pieces he will massively improve our solidity.

Zenit tried to basically do what PSG are still trying to do, build a dominant domestic team that could eventually progress to one fully focusing on winning the CL, but for various reasons it failed (could argue PSG are finding the same thing out as well on the european stage)

Going on last night Lukaku is not worth 5m and the 100k per week bandied around. None of the England players are worth a penny and Barkley and Stones couldn't even get in the team. Ramsey looks worth more than Bale. Judgements cannot be made on single games.

Witsel not good enough because of one game, yet Oumar sodding Niasse just needs a full pre season and 20 starts for us to judge him

Witsel is boss. Such a massive upgrade on any of the midfielders we've had in the past 10 years. NEA.

Sign him. Now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back