Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does, doesn't it? It really struck me today watching the training and seeing him standing there behind the players instructing them wearing our gear in his footy boots. Ronald Koeman and with backing unlike something we have ever seen and all we did was dream of times like this. Insane stuff.

If you are a massive Everton fan it's hard not to be reading and absorbing all this night and day right now. I have found myself waking up in the middle of the night and thinking 'well, I might as well see if anything has happened and check some sites'.. :)
Just imagine listening to 'coaching' from Martinez or a football 'legend' that is koeman. I bet the players couldn't wait to be coached by koeman today, all we need is the arrival of mata and witsel to keep the momentum going into our training camp in Austria next week.

Don't see how he is a 30 mil, 120 a week player. Any top player with half a brain cell wouldn't waste their talent in the russian league until they are nearly 28. We've only just signed the russian league top scorer and that's turned out well. Not to mention Mcgeady who guided his team to second in one season while picking up player of the season.

Hope I'm completely wrong on this but I just don't see how he carries a 30 mil price tag.

That means he will sign for us tomorrow then

Seen a copy paste of the story from that [Poor language removed] rag, no sources (shock), no quotes (shock), no actual details of anything besides - they have agreed the contract with his agent now have to approach zenit about a fee (strange isn't that called tapping up?) and the journo is Kastrinakis who is one of the worst 'sports' journos out their - bloke who repeatedly linked united with bids for bale and ronaldo the past 2 years

I remember a few years a go when people were really wanting Witsel to be alongside Fellaini.

Now people don't want him.

http://www.calciomercato.it/news/38...usivo-witsel-alleverton-domani-lannuncio.html

Football Naples, EXCLUSIVE: Witsel Everton, the announcement tomorrow

The Belgian player, approached the Azzurri will play in England

MARKET EXCLUSIVE Witsel EVERTON NAPLES / ROME - Nothing Napoli for Axel Witsel .The Belgian midfielder Zenit , who so loved the blues, will play in the Premier League. The player - as collected exclusively by Calciomercato.it - wear the shirt of ' Everton . The purchase announcement by the British is already expected for tomorrow. Witsel earn four million euro net per season. Fades so another goal for Napoli.

Don't see how he is a 30 mil, 120 a week player. Any top player with half a brain cell wouldn't waste their talent in the russian league until they are nearly 28. We've only just signed the russian league top scorer and that's turned out well. Not to mention Mcgeady who guided his team to second in one season while picking up player of the season.

Hope I'm completely wrong on this but I just don't see how he carries a 30 mil price tag.

Actually I thought he looked boss in the Euros. Broke up play and passed the ball forward, not sideways. Ok he´ll never be prolific but he´s a very good box to box player. Now if we get him and somebody with a bit of a creative spark in next to him I think we´re in business for next season.

Press story's aside the lad should have signed by now given HE KNOWS that we have blown everyone out of the water.

If he is hedging on the basis he wants another option aside from us then we should move on without him.

Agree with this. He was supposedly making his decision early this week so if he hasn't by the week's end we should forget it

Press story's aside the lad should have signed by now given HE KNOWS that we have blown everyone out of the water.

If he is hedging on the basis he wants another option aside from us then we should move on without him.

Or he's just been knocked out of the euros so is off on his hols.

Not like we'd announce it straight away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back