Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually disagree mate, i think Koeman will be shaking up half this squad. Mata, Witsel and a new keeper arent coming in as squad players mate, same for anyone we spend decent money on

No of course not, but he's not going to sell half the squad off the bat, was my point.

We've got some very good players who haven't become bad ones. Half of Koeman's job is getting them back to their best form, while at the same time adding in the three or four quality players needed.

You wanted to sign Obertan.

shoveltime.gif

Koeman is clearly gearing up for a 433 with 2 box to box and an anchorman

DM​
Barkley Witsel​
Mata----------------- Deulofeu/Mirallas
----------Lukaku

I think it is looking more and more likely that the midfield duo of McCarthy and Barry's days are numbered.

Hope he keeps Barry around though, a model pro and the kids could still learn a lot off him.

No of course not, but he's not going to sell half the squad off the bat, was my point.

We've got some very good players who haven't become bad ones. Half of Koeman's job is getting them back to their best form, while at the same time adding in the three or four quality players needed.

nah we won't mate, but think part of Koeman taking over after the releases had been done is so his hands are clean on those, giving him a bit more room to get rid without it looking like he's chopped 8-9 players in one go.

McCarthy and i think Cleverley will both go though, we won't struggle to shift either and will have a fair few takers for them, money can be reinvested by us, and by the looks anyway (all still conjecture ofc) players who are clearly starters are being brought into their positions.

McCarthy, Cleverley, Kone and Naisse (on loan) i think will see all those moved on for various reasons, Oviedo, Lennon could also be shipped off although both have a hard working attitude that may see them given the season

I think it is looking more and more likely that the midfield duo of McCarthy and Barry's days are numbered.

Hope he keeps Barry around though, a model pro and the kids could still learn a lot off him.

I agree. Plus it costs us the Premier League equivalent of nothing to keep him. Maybe he can coach as well, although Man City seem to be cornering the market on ex-players as coaches right now.
I like McCarthy a lot but he needs to prove himself again, maybe Koeman can get the best out of him (probably can too, tbf).

Re: Witsel - the Guardian says it's pretty much done, and theyre not the Mirror so that's good enough for me. Welcome Axel!

nah we won't mate, but think part of Koeman taking over after the releases had been done is so his hands are clean on those, giving him a bit more room to get rid without it looking like he's chopped 8-9 players in one go.

McCarthy and i think Cleverley will both go though, we won't struggle to shift either and will have a fair few takers for them, money can be reinvested by us, and by the looks anyway (all still conjecture ofc) players who are clearly starters are being brought into their positions.

McCarthy, Cleverley, Kone and Naisse (on loan) i think will see all those moved on for various reasons, Oviedo, Lennon could also be shipped off although both have a hard working attitude that may see them given the season

If it was me I'd do McCarthy + as little as possible for Bolasie from Palace.
*Taps nose

We have not signed any outfield player yet so it is all speculation. If however the speculation proves to be true then we seem to be in for an almost complete midfield overhaul.
There will be large question marks over the futures of all existing midfielders .

I agree. Plus it costs us the Premier League equivalent of nothing to keep him. Maybe he can coach as well, although Man City seem to be cornering the market on ex-players as coaches right now.
I like McCarthy a lot but he needs to prove himself again, maybe Koeman can get the best out of him (probably can too, tbf).

Re: Witsel - the Guardian says it's pretty much done, and theyre not the Mirror so that's good enough for me. Welcome Axel!
You got a link for that mate?

I don't thin McCarthy will be gone mate. Just think Koeman will like the type of player he is and see he can be a key player for us (which he still has been even when out of form) if given the right role. We may have loads of money, but if we already have a defensive mid in place there's no need to sell him and replace him with a £30mil signing that may not be any better.

Off the bat, we need a few players who will add real quality to the first XI:

- Goalkeeper (Stekelenburg brought in as competition for now, to aid Joel)
- Centre back (if Stones leaves)
- 'Box-to-box' midfielder (looks like Witsel)
- Playmaker (Mata fingers-crossed)
- Striker (primarily as back up presuming Rom signs up a new deal)

From then on it'll be about RK assessing his options and seeing who else needs to be brought in and who will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back