Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he has one MOM in two years, I am well and truly put in my place, the guy is rightly a legend.
I know people seem to think he is ace but he has just not done it after two years he is not/was not even a first team starter, why?
He is dead hard, he will snap/crunch so and so is all you hear, its nonsense
Sorry for going off topic but just seeing people saying he is a must keep, just don't agree.

We certainly wouldn't have missed his contribution over the last two seasons, whether he stays and makes his mark time will tell.

Koeman is clearly gearing up for a 433 with 2 box to box and an anchorman

DM​
Barkley Witsel​
Mata----------------- Deulofeu/Mirallas
----------Lukaku

Yeh I think this too, and that easily switches to a 4-2-3-1.

McCarthy in that holding role for me, like he played in the last few games for Ireland at the Euros. With two better 'ball' players either side, and Besic/Barry (maybe Cleverley and/or Gibbo) in reserve, that's a solid midfield set up with a lot of variety.

Anybody who is think Koeman is going to come in and shake up half the squad is deluded, btw, and tbh it doesn't need that. They're all more than capable players if they're in a system that suits.

He was awesome in that League Cup semi at Goodison against City.

One of the best individual performances all season, definitely.

Not disagreeing with that like, just saying so far for whatever reasons it hasn't really happened here for him in regards as to breaking into the first team and putting in good performances regularly, I'm not saying that couldn't change but so far it's the way it is.

Yeh I think this too, and that easily switches to a 4-2-3-1.

McCarthy in that holding role for me, like he played in the last few games for Ireland at the Euros. With two better 'ball' players either side, and Besic/Barry (maybe Cleverley and/or Gibbo) in reserve, that's a solid midfield set up with a lot of variety.

Anybody who is think Koeman is going to come in and shake up half the squad is deluded, btw, and tbh it doesn't need that. They're all more than capable players if they're in a system that suits.

Actually disagree mate, i think Koeman will be shaking up half this squad. Mata, Witsel and a new keeper arent coming in as squad players mate, same for anyone we spend decent money on

Pretty sure we didn't lose a game when Besic played last season. For me Besic and Barry should have been starters last season as Mo offers so much more than Macca does.

But anyway I hope this Witsel deal is done tomorrow, and then hopefully means Mata will be done by the end of the week. Witsel is a lot more likely for me at least.

Pretty sure we didn't lose a game when Besic played last season. For me Besic and Barry should have been starters last season as Mo offers so much more than Macca does.

But anyway I hope this Witsel deal is done tomorrow, and then hopefully means Mata will be done by the end of the week. Witsel is a lot more likely for me at least.

Arsenal mate, one of the worst performances of the season and he was pulle doff at half time he was that bad (as where a few tbh)

So he has one MOM in two years, I am well and truly put in my place, the guy is rightly a legend.
I know people seem to think he is ace but he has just not done it after two years he is not/was not even a first team starter, why?
He is dead hard, he will snap/crunch so and so is all you hear, its nonsense
Sorry for going off topic but just seeing people saying he is a must keep, just don't agree.

Hes had more than 1 MOTM award, but sound lad, you just keep your view and I will keep mine, have you maybe considered snooker, cos quite frankly I suspect football isnt really for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back