Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to do an impression of an idiot, but the along comes this cretin Cox and beat me to it. I doubt where he is in residence the staff allow him to have anything more than a crayon to write with , as a pencil could be deemed as a weapon for self harm.

An intermediary reveals Axel Witsel is “further away” from Napoli, and is in talks with Everton.

The Zenit St Petersburg midfielder had been in talks with both clubs, but it appears the lure of Premier League money may be crucial in his decision.

“Axel is currently further away from Napoli,” an intermediary for the deal, Francesco Marseglia, said on Radio Crc.

“The offer wasn’t really given a lot of consideration. Everton might even go above €4m net in salary.

“If you look at the financial aspect, that’s the right move, but in terms of career I’d choose Napoli every time, even putting the Champions League to one side.

“Napoli are an ambitious club, they’re growing every year, always taking more important players. Everton don’t seem like a great team.

“I don’t know exactly what the situation is, in my opinion he wants to take his time because he’s not yet convinced about what to do.

“He can either accept the English club or wait for an even bigger club."

He totally doesnt sound bitter at all... unless it comes from his proper agent ill put it down to some beaut getting in on the deal from the italian side of things and fuming that he isn't going to get his cut from Napoli.

If the lad can learn from GarBar he could be his eventual replacement. Needs to improve his positional awareness to do so though. But he's got bags of talent and the right attitude, hopefully under a good manager he can deliver on his potential.

The lad just needs to play, hes played CB for a long time, in a lesser league, it was always gonna take a little time for him to adapt to the league and the role. Joking apart I did like the way Koeman appears to be showing an interest in him, maybe priming him for a certain role in the team!!

Honestly I go on and hes not the finished product, but I just think the lad has got bags of talent and I just love the way he plays football.

lol mate, yanno i rate Besic but until he can show he can stay fit just don't see any manager being able to plan around him, rather see him go on a season loan some-place and tear it up than rotting on our bench if we do go out and bring in 2-3 top midfielders, season after that he can come in and stake his claim with a good past year under his belt

The lad just needs to play, hes played CB for a long time, in a lesser league, it was always gonna take a little time for him to adapt to the league and the role. Joking apart I did like the way Koeman appears to be showing an interest in him, maybe priming him for a certain role in the team!!

Honestly I go on and hes not the finished product, but I just think the lad has got bags of talent and I just love the way he plays football.
Highly doubt after les than two days he is already priming players for roles in the team mare, especially when he has only got half a squad!

i would imagine this work now will shape his plans for the team in regards of where to strengthen though. so if Besic can train well perhaps he is the rest we don't stock up on CMs this summer.

That post sums him up mate, question is - does Koeman think he's ready right now to make the negate need to go get someone like a Strootman, Schneiderlin, Wistel etc, or will he just be getting minutes here and there or does a well sorted loan spell at some-place like Bournemouth etc see him with the best chance of making it here

lol mate, yanno i rate Besic but until he can show he can stay fit just don't see any manager being able to plan around him, rather see him go on a season loan some-place and tear it up than rotting on our bench if we do go out and bring in 2-3 top midfielders, season after that he can come in and stake his claim with a good past year under his belt

He just had a few niggles, hes back now, firing, he just needs his chance.

Thinking about it, I know we are heavily linked with a number of DM/CMs, its quite possible they are all just irons, maybe we will only sign 2? Like say Wistel, Strootman, rather than Morgan as well, im calling him Morgan, cos I really struggle with his 2nd name, for the record @chicoazul.

Theres no way that Barry, The Clev, Jamo and Besic are ALL here come September, I know which 1s I would bin off and it doesnt begin with a B.

Highly doubt after les than two days he is already priming players for roles in the team mare, especially when he has only got half a squad!

i would imagine this work now will shape his plans for the team in regards of where to strengthen though. so if Besic can train well perhaps he is the rest we don't stock up on CMs this summer.

We are gonna have to assume that Koeman can spot talent, if so, he will have already written down Besics name as first picked every game.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

He just had a few niggles, hes back now, firing, he just needs his chance.

Thinking about it, I know we are heavily linked with a number of DM/CMs, its quite possible they are all just irons, maybe we will only sign 2? Like say Wistel, Strootman, rather than Morgan as well, im calling him Morgan, cos I really struggle with his 2nd name, for the record @chicoazul.

Theres no way that Barry, The Clev, Jamo and Besic are ALL here come September, I know which 1s I would bin off and it doesnt begin with a B.

Only two centre mids i care about staying (not including Barkley obviously) are Davies and Besic, both have the potential to be cracking players, McCarthy and 'THE CLEV' are both mid table players (which is exactly where we finished playing them all season)

looks like Witsel is going to be arriving by all accounts anyway, Schneiderlin or a fit (but thats the key word though) Strootman - arrived as well and we went in with say Witsel, Strootman/Schneiderlin, Besic, Davies, Barry and Gibson as the centre mids on the books then we'd look pretty damn sexy tbh - and we'd probably make most of what we spent on those 2 back by offloading Cleverley and McCarthy in this weird market

I don't know how good AW is but two things

1 only an asshole writes rubbish saying a footballer shouldn't join a club - especially an ambitious one.

2 the lad in my newsagent is the double of Axel. I'll get a pic tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back