Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He can be whatever you want him to be

234369.jpg

* feels funny

a 6 with range perhaps..

we still need a proper 8 then, unless thats barkley?

Its very strange, we do appear to be focusing on mainly number 6s, which IMO was the 1 position we had enough players in, granted some of those players are very limited, so whilst im not as anti-McCarthy as some, Witsel is most def an upgrade on him, but it still doesnt "solve" the issue of no number 8s in the squad.

Saying that, some of them are borderline, Strootman, Witsel and the boy Morgan all have much, much more to their game than McCarthy, all have a better passing range and can all shoot.

Just makes me wonder whats going to happen with the players we have, Barry, Gibson, McCarthy, The Clev and possibly even Besic would struggle for games if we signed Strootman and Witsel and IMO it wouldnt solve the major issue of creativity in the middle of the park, which would suggest to me that Barkley will be "turned" into a number 8.

Its hard to say how Koeman will set us up, hes not rigid, he adapts his formations and line ups, but he will have a preferred set up, it doesnt even say that it will be the same as it was at Southampton, its probably gonna take a few games to see how we will set up for most of the season.

Koeman has certainly seen which area is lacking, its gonna be a very interesting few months.

Lukaku on 75k pw so a new contract would eat up anywhere from 50-70k pw mate
Barkley on 60k so going to 100-120kpw theres another 40-60k pw
and if stones stays then a new contract for him - christ think hes on 30k pw atm so looking at another 70-90k pw as he'd want parity almost certainly with any new barkley contract

never mind as soon as new contracts start getting handed out or players brought in on big contracts then the likes of Mori, Deulofeu etc would all be wanting to renegotiate
We've lost Osman, Hibbert, pienaar and Howard. I bet that's probably £120-150k straight away. Gibson won't have signed improved terms so that will be further saving.

Plus I reckon we'll get rid of a few others.
Robles, Kone, niasse, Oviedo.

I don't think wage increases will be a massive deal.

Its very strange, we do appear to be focusing on mainly number 6s, which IMO was the 1 position we had enough players in, granted some of those players are very limited, so whilst im not as anti-McCarthy as some, Witsel is most def an upgrade on him, but it still doesnt "solve" the issue of no number 8s in the squad.

Saying that, some of them are borderline, Strootman, Witsel and the boy Morgan all have much, much more to their game than McCarthy, all have a better passing range and can all shoot.

Just makes me wonder whats going to happen with the players we have, Barry, Gibson, McCarthy, The Clev and possibly even Besic would struggle for games if we signed Strootman and Witsel and IMO it wouldnt solve the major issue of creativity in the middle of the park, which would suggest to me that Barkley will be "turned" into a number 8.

Its hard to say how Koeman will set us up, hes not rigid, he adapts his formations and line ups, but he will have a preferred set up, it doesnt even say that it will be the same as it was at Southampton, its probably gonna take a few games to see how we will set up for most of the season.

Koeman has certainly seen which area is lacking, its gonna be a very interesting few months.

i think besic is the closest player he is to those you mentioned, all the others have limits in their game(gibson fat, mcarthy rubbish passing, barry ancient etc)

This pal, the way to stop this would be 3,4 or 5 very good signings and not 10 or 11 like qpr did every window.
Peoplw tend to forget we still have some very good footballers who could easily play for a champions league side
Deulofeu, Coleman, Baines, Stones, Lukaku, Barkley & Kone are all top class footballers who most teams in league would love to have plus the likes of Funes Mori etc.
QPR had to start off trying to replace Shaun Derry & Jamie Mackie

*Sideways look to the camera*

We've lost Osman, Hibbert, pienaar and Howard. I bet that's probably £120-150k straight away. Gibson won't have signed improved terms so that will be further saving.

Plus I reckon we'll get rid of a few others.
Robles, Kone, niasse, Oviedo.

I don't think wage increases will be a massive deal.
So osman + Hibbert + Pienaar + Howard = Witsel's wages. The £7m increase = improved contract for Barkley + Lukaku. Then after that we wouldn't be able to sign anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back