Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think he's worth that much seriously ? decent player like but never amazed me when I've watched him but i could be wrong
I tell ya what, Cottee was a bargain at 2 million eh?

The market at the time dictates what clubs pay. We're either in the ballpark when bidding or we get used to missing out.

The manager has obviously told the board he really wants him and it looks like they will deliver.

The money is a lot but honestly if we are trying to spend like the reports say we are then the money is irrelevant and it's all a matter of signing quality players

LOL @ the bitterness there!

Pathetic stuff from a club that´s won the Italian league the grand total of twice and can´t afford to stump up the dosh.

Yeah but....Champions League.....?
Sniffle Sniffle Cry Cry.
Get used to it mate.
P.S. Who are you?

But hey he can choose 'the English club' or a bigger club apparently. Massive Southampton complex going on here.
Seems like someone needs to pull their head out and accept that someone else bought PSG, someone else bought Inter, someone else bought City even, and YES, someone else bought Everton.
While he was busy investing in the foothills of a non-dormant volcano, formerly managed by the psychological blip that is Rafael Benitez, everyone else was busy destroying him.

On the other hand, I wish him well personally and I hope they knock Chelsea, no, Liverpool, no, Man Utd, no....Arsenal? Maybe... Spurs...yeah. I hope they knock out Spurs.

Last edited:
If it is £30mil odd im not sure why people are complaining? Hes a top class player who will take us up several levels in the centre, tons of experience at the highest level.

Im not sure who people would want instead for thar price...

W
If it is £30mil odd im not sure why people are complaining? Hes a top class player who will take us up several levels in the centre, tons of experience at the highest level.

Whatever the price for Witsel and any other big names, we are most likely going to have to overpay in transfer fees and more likely wages to attract them here. The price of finishing 11th.

W

Whatever the price for Witsel and any other big names, we are most likely going to have to overpay in transfer fees and more likely wages to attract them here. The price of finishing 11th.

Not necessarily have to overpay in fees as even if Tranmere offered the same price it would be accepted by the clib just not the player.

We will need to target players not in the top leagues (witsel) and players not fancied by their clubs any more (mata) and also players at other sides on lower wages than we can offer...

For me, Witsel is a far superior signing than Mata. Simply because we have lacked a true box to box midfielder for so long.

Tons of experience at the highest level? 3-5 Champions League games a year and 30 some odd games a year in Russia competing against the likes of Spartak and Krasnodar qualifies as tons of experience at the highest level? I'd like him to sign but let's not exaggerate. He's a good player.

Tons of experience at the highest level? 3-5 Champions League games a year and 30 some odd games a year in Russia competing against the likes of Spartak and Krasnodar qualifies as tons of experience at the highest level? I'd like him to sign but let's not exaggerate. He's a good player.

Axel Laurent Angel Lambert Witsel

3-5 champs league games a year ok...
Games in russia ok....

+ 71 international caps as one of the captains...

All adds up mate.

i saw a good amount of him BEFORE he went to russia and the odd belgium game since and hes top class.... @bluestevon underlined what i thought by commenting on how he plays in russia.

Even if someone has never seen him play, the stats show that he has commanded huge fees and also keeps top players such as Dembele out of thd belgian side....you dont achieve 71 caps for belgium at his age without being class.

Axel Laurent Angel Lambert Witsel

3-5 champs league games a year ok...
Games in russia ok....

+ 71 international caps as one of the captains...

All adds up mate.

i saw a good amount of him BEFORE he went to russia and the odd belgium game since and hes top class.... @bluestevon underlined what i thought by commenting on how he plays in russia.

Even if someone has never seen him play, the stats show that he has commanded huge fees and also keeps top players such as Dembele out of thd belgian side....you dont achieve 71 caps for belgium at his age without being class.

I noticed this too. He was the one constant in midfield at the Euros even after the Italy game when they changed the team pretty significantlly

Both the s*n and the star are claiming that Witsel has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, even though Chelsea have not agreed a transfer fee with his current club, Zenit St Petersburg.

If it's true we will probably miss out on Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back