Transfer Rumour Axel Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
While we have been mulling, considering and what ever else you call it Chelsea have swooped in and look like they are signing him now. Nothing ever changes at Everton

Both the s*n and the star are claiming that Witsel has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, even though Chelsea have not agreed a transfer fee with his current club, Zenit St Petersburg.

If it's true we will probably miss out on Witsel
Esk has already said there was nothing to the rumours from Chelsea. Also you kinda have to talk to the team and come to terms before you come to terms with the player

Tons of experience at the highest level? 3-5 Champions League games a year and 30 some odd games a year in Russia competing against the likes of Spartak and Krasnodar qualifies as tons of experience at the highest level? I'd like him to sign but let's not exaggerate. He's a good player.

Played more CL games than Alexis Sanchez or Eden Hazard have, 40 compared to 38 and 36 respectively.
71 International caps for one of the best International sides (as far as depth in his position goes)

Won't argue that the league in Russia is pretty poor, but he is far from inexperienced at the highest level mate

Both the s*n and the star are claiming that Witsel has agreed personal terms with Chelsea, even though Chelsea have not agreed a transfer fee with his current club, Zenit St Petersburg.

If it's true we will probably miss out on Witsel

The day that paper prints the truth is the day the world ends mate

If it is £30mil odd im not sure why people are complaining? Hes a top class player who will take us up several levels in the centre, tons of experience at the highest level.

Im not sure who people would want instead for thar price...
This is true. Yesterday's Marca was saying how R Madrid want Andre Gomes from Valencia. 65 million euros. Jeez, the lad looks a tidy player and is only 22 but not seen anything to suggest 65 million worth there

Can't remember how to embed tweets but I just asked the usually reliable Belgian journo Kristof Terreur on Twitter and he said deal is close & he's agreed with club but be careful because he's done this before in his career and then backed out.

If Terreur says it is close then it's close

Thought the backing out in the past has been due to Zenit making it difficult for him to get the move (and increasing terms but may be wrong about that)

Well he said deals fell through so not sure if he was referring to the player or the club. Seems Zenit are trying to balance the books anyhow.

Aye just seen the tweet mate, actually maybe i was correct on how i was remembering things then and it was Zenit who basically changed there minds about the deal after Witsel had agreed, either way the player has never kicked up a fuss about it (seem to remember a deal with Juve was regarded as being done in the past and another with a English team was really close a couple of seasons ago)

As i mentioned a few days ago, think Zenit are much less likely to mess us around due to Moshiri having ties through Usmanov with the owners - having a Russian director won't harm us either btw

Aye just seen the tweet mate, actually maybe i was correct on how i was remembering things then and it was Zenit who basically changed there minds about the deal after Witsel had agreed, either way the player has never kicked up a fuss about it (seem to remember a deal with Juve was regarded as being done in the past and another with a English team was really close a couple of seasons ago)

As i mentioned a few days ago, think Zenit are much less likely to mess us around due to Moshiri having ties through Usmanov with the owners - having a Russian director won't harm us either btw

They're certainly no Dynamo Kiev anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back