Back room staff, who don't you mind losing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what drives me up the wall is that The Red Moyes is moving personel from His one club to His other club - with only the red club benefitting as the new Red Moyes's blue eyed boy -
seemingly with the blessing of the blue club management - real text book feeder club stuff - humiliating to me as proud Everton fan -
bending over like this to accommodate the pilager easy access to our assets borders on the pathetic -
fire the Red Moyes immediately !! before he rips our guts out on number 99 leaving us very unprepared for the most important summer break period -
something which the Red Moyes allegedly carefully helped planning

When a manager moves to a new club, he almost always brings his existing backroom staff with him. This does two things. It creates a coaching environment that he is both fimiliar and comfortable with, and it lets him immediately stamp his authority on the new club.

Moyes was always gonna take who he wanted with him. Just like he was always gonna bin whoever he didn't want at Man U. Exactly the same will happen when our new manager is appointed. It's not us being a feeder club for Man U, it's just how the management and coaching world works in football.

Stubbs - can't be trusted to work for the club and not against it after the Rooney sales drive

what's that comment? Why exactly have a couple of people said they don't care if Stubbs, a lifelong Blue and doing great with the reserves, leaves?

I want Stubbs/Dunc/Irvine/Sheedy to stay. I don't care about the rest. They are Moyes's people and should follow him. But those I mentioned are Evertonians and belong at Goodison. Plus, they are not part of the first team set up so should hopefully be unaffected by an incoming manager

When a manager moves to a new club, he almost always brings his existing backroom staff with him. This does two things. It creates a coaching environment that he is both fimiliar and comfortable with, and it lets him immediately stamp his authority on the new club.

Moyes was always gonna take who he wanted with him. Just like he was always gonna bin whoever he didn't want at Man U. Exactly the same will happen when our new manager is appointed. It's not us being a feeder club for Man U, it's just how the management and coaching world works in football.

Thankyou for posting almost word for word what I was about to write.

what's that comment? Why exactly have a couple of people said they don't care if Stubbs, a lifelong Blue and doing great with the reserves, leaves?

I want Stubbs/Dunc/Irvine/Sheedy to stay. I don't care about the rest. They are Moyes's people and should follow him. But those I mentioned are Evertonians and belong at Goodison. Plus, they are not part of the first team set up so should hopefully be unaffected by an incoming manager

Andy Holden always seems to be under the radar and he was there before red Dave

According to an ex Everton media team member, woods was well respected and liked amongst the back room staff and team whereas Round was a "Good operator but a bit of a wally and wasn't well-liked by the other coaches."

I'd be very disappointed if the new man tore up the U18/U21 structures. By all means bring in those you'll be working with closely for the First Team, but dismissing Stubbs, Holden, Weir, Sheedy, Ferguson, Dewsnip, McKeown and O'Brien would be undermining the huge progress that the Academy has made in Moyes' tenure.

In it's current state, it's the best it's ever been. There's a very good group of U16's coming through to the U18's in July and the U15's are ever better than them. We're fielding more U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 internationals for England than we've ever done before and the evidence is on the pitch with great seasons for the U18's and U21's.

Granted, i've got issues with the way Moyes could have done more to expose some of the fringe players like Lundstram, Garbutt, McAleny and Barkley to senior football, but there's no doubting that he saw the Academy as paramount to a sustainable future for Everton.

Anyone coming in and ripping it apart would be criminal.

don't really think many of us are in a position to make any genuine judgement on this to be honest

the point I am trying to make is not against Red Moyes taking our staff - the problem I have is that he is doing it while he has an appointment as manager from two rival clubs - in my books the situation is untenable and certainly accommodating to the level of bending over - the man is still getting paid by Everton while he is busy recruiting/looting our people and firing United staff at the same time - it is a joke and certainly makes us look like a feeder club in my books

the point I am trying to make is not against Red Moyes taking our staff - the problem I have is that he is doing it while he has an appointment as manager from two rival clubs - in my books the situation is untenable and certainly accommodating to the level of bending over - the man is still getting paid by Everton while he is busy recruiting/looting our people and firing United staff at the same time - it is a joke and certainly makes us look like a feeder club in my books

That's a fair point mate. Regardless of how managerial/staffing changes happen, he is effectively working two jobs right now. It shouldn't be allowed.

I don't think fans can judge backroom staff. We really have no idea what they do or how well they do it now, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back