BACK TO UMBRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to stand corrected... if we've broken the Nike three-year deal then there must be some good financial reason.

You would think so wouldn't you? However, Kitbag take it all. We'll just get what was offered by Nike when they took over from LQS: "marketing opportunities".

You would think so wouldn't you? However, Kitbag take it all. We'll just get what was offered by Nike when they took over from LQS: "marketing opportunities".

Sadly that's probably the case. Umbro offered to pay Nike's final year off, plus a bit extra for Kitbag.

Still, I think we'll benefit from Umbro's best effort at a kit design. Something we were never going to get from Nike.

Heh, looking at Umbro, their two English clubs will be Everton and Stockport County.

MIKEY, ENJOY YOUR UMBRO! ENJOY ALL OF IT!

I feel like a bad bell for dismissing the Umbro source.

We'll probably be Umbro's biggest team so at least we'll get some original kits.

Worked there for two years. Great company based in the North West with some top Blues working there.. It tried its best to retain its identity when Nike owned it.

It's an absolute joy that we're parting from Nike. Crass American company that, believe me, doesn't care one jot about Everton.

Sadly that's probably the case. Umbro offered to pay Nike's final year off, plus a bit extra for Kitbag.

Still, I think we'll benefit from Umbro's best effort at a kit design. Something we were never going to get from Nike.

I wonder if this switch had anything to do with the badge fiasco? I could see Nike taking the hump at its gear being bandied about the world as a joke displaying a Fat Badge.

These companies are very sensitive to image perception.

Bfo9NRmIIAEoshp.jpg

It's official then, back to umbro for the next 5 years. Pretty happy with that to be honest, this is probably my favourite kit in the last few years,

zp_2004-August-Man-Utd-A_3048.jpg

Hopefully something equally as smart, to go with our sexy new badge

I wonder if this switch had anything to do with the badge fiasco? I could see Nike taking the hump at its gear being bandied about the world as a joke displaying a Fat Badge.

These companies are very sensitive to image perception.

I was wondering that. The whole mess could easily have lead to a breakdown in relations, especially if it's true that Nike pushed us into it. I imagine the supply issues we've had has also rubbed the club up the wrong way.

I was wondering that. The whole mess could easily have lead to a breakdown in relations, especially if it's true that Nike pushed us into it. I imagine the supply issues we've had has also rubbed the club up the wrong way.

They tasked their advisers with consulting with design and approving it.

For that to be thrown back in their faces (as they would see it) would be a big deal, you would think. It doesn't make sense they'd agree to pull the plug on a free display of their kit for another season, because they weren't paying Everton anything.

I feel like a bad bell for dismissing the Umbro source.

We'll probably be Umbro's biggest team so at least we'll get some original kits.

Yeah they really don't have any world class type clubs.

Cruz Azul in Mexico are probably their biggest club. FC Nantes in Ligue 1 starts next year.

427465_511567062203819_865394393_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back