Back up keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be stek. Doubt this will be a priority. We are not in Europe so other than Cup ties against teams Lower down the leagues Pickford will play pretty much every game. Lad just needs a rest after World Cup. Probably not play pre season until Valencia.
Stek will go as well as robles did on too much money no doubt and past it , and dodgy knees....

I don’t think Stek is a bad backup keeper. If Pickford gets suspended or injured for a month or so we would get by. I can’t see us spending any money on a backup yet:

Once Wolves tear us a new one and walk through Morgan and our defence like they aint there thats when the self appointed enlightened ones will see the woods from the tree's.

In all seriousness your dead right its becoming more and more a concern.

Out of him and Joel, Joel was superior.

@Dutch Toffee does not rate Stekelenburg and he would know.
Robles needed to leave for the good of his career, to good of a player to be a No. 2. I liked him a lot.

As far as a No. 2 goes now, it will be difficult to uprgade from Stek, a decent no.2 is often difficult to find.

Why is it so rare to promote a backup keeper from the youth ranks?

Vicious circle I suppose. For a player to be deemed good enough they need game time to prove their worth yet they wont get the game time required due to it being a unique position.

Everton should look at Shamrock Rovers 16 year old keeper Gavin Bazunu to replace Joel. Just had a great game against cork. Sorry, should probably be in the transfer thread.
this kid just signed for city for 400K. Looks like we've got good keeper coverage for a while to come anyway. I think Virginia will be a very good keeper.

this kid just signed for city for 400K. Looks like we've got good keeper coverage for a while to come anyway.

A small price to pay indeed, stays at Rovers till after the exams next year I believe and then a journeyman loanee for a few seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.