Baines: We have no chemistry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but whenever I see group photos of Everton players on social media there always seems to be cliques going on with the foreign lads usually away from the British and Irish players. Like there's segregation going on in the training ground. Can't be good for team chemistry, surely? Or is that what it's like at all clubs?
Wouldn't you hang around with people who speak your native language?

To be honest I never really thought much of Pienaar. He was serviceable and had a good engine, but I would give up a half assed Barkley to have the Baines/Pienaar combination again. They had chemistry and worked well together.

The closest we have come the past two seasons is Deulofeu to Lukaku. Then for whatever reason Lennon became the custard of the kitchen and now even that partnership is on the outs.
Don't get me wrong Lennon had a good run but there should be no conceivable reason to keep Deulofeu out of the line up.

THE BAD GRASS

He is right though, it's there for all to see really. Proper pro, as @Woolly Blue noted, as he didn't blame the staff, rather the players, but imo they should be taking half the blame for that - if the manager has no clue how and when to motivate the players it's not solely up to them...

I think they can all speak English? Just questioning whether cliques are healthy for team chemistry.

Every single side I played for had cliques. But that is, or should be, forgotten on the pitch. Like the older lads would hang out, the younger lads would, and we would be made up when a youngster did well, and they would rip us for being old when we did.

Isnt a problem, unless the fella in charge unites them against him. Which seems to maybe be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back