Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Match Thread Barnsley vs. Everton - Wednesday 26th August - Capital One Cup Second Round - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said many times, Deulofeu has world class attributes...quality, quality player. Barkley was also very very good. Besic and lukaku and Mirallas were pretty good.
But oh dear. Can we please get rid of the deadwood at our club. I don't think I need to mention names

Had us to win 2-1,when we were 2 down,thought one goal could change it for us,and we might win,though when it goes 3-2 seconds later for Barnsley,i didnt know what to think lol

Thought Pennington did fine as his hooking at HT was purely tactical. Oviedo is not really a left back is he, but at least he stuck at it and got 120 mins into his legs. Geri was brilliant, one of his great days, but how he plays in his next game is anyone's guess. I would love him to start at Spurs as a breakout option on the counter-attack. Mo Besic's body was screaming pain in extra-time but still the tackles came in.

Phew x5, there is an easy way of winning and there is an Everton way, but really delighted to win.

I only caught ET and the last 15 mins of normal time, I was at a wedding rehearsal and couldn't look at my phone because it would have been too rude.

Here's what I've gathered, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

• McGeady was abysmal (as usual)
  • Deulofeu came on and changed the game
  • Barkley had a cracking performance from the 2nd half onwards
  • Oviedo was really poor
  • Young lad Pennington was caught in the crossfire
  • Joel was Joel
Anything else?
good summation

He's our best player 22 years old but looks to have bags of experience, all our players have done us proud, we tried playing football all way through but got beat by a side miles better then us in extra time, we're playing the game the right way and doing it with kids. Proud to be a tyke tonight.

Your team thoroughly deserved their standing ovation tonight.

I only caught ET and the last 15 mins of normal time, I was at a wedding rehearsal and couldn't look at my phone because it would have been too rude.

Here's what I've gathered, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

• McGeady was abysmal (as usual) - CORRECT
  • Deulofeu came on and changed the game - CORRECT
  • Barkley had a cracking performance from the 2nd half onwards - CAME ON AT HALF TIME, WAS VERY GOOD.
  • Oviedo was really poor - INCORRECT. HE WAS VERY GOOD, RAN HIMSELF INTO THE GROUND.
  • Young lad Pennington was caught in the crossfire - MAYBE A BIT, BUT WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE TO STRUGGLE IN THE FIRST HALF.
  • Joel was Joel - CORRECT
Anything else?
Mirallas was very good, showed leadership and real fire. Scored once and look generally threatening.

Jagielka was mediocre at best.

Everton manager Roberto Martinez speaking to Sky Sports: "I thought Barnsley were superb throughout - dynamic and clinical. We were a little slow in the first half and showed poor focus in front of goal. It was a test to see if we could come back into the scoreline, but it was terrific to see the younger players showing up after a performance that was not acceptable in the first half.

"They reacted with desire in the second half and that shows how much this matters and how much we wanted to progress.

"I thought that John Stones was incredible under enormous pressure. I think that the authorities need to look at what has gone on because it has become a bit of a circus.

"Our fans know that all we are doing is trying to become better and John is a massive part of that. Money cannot buy everything in life, there are some things like values. He is not for sale."

He's our best player 22 years old but looks to have bags of experience, all our players have done us proud, we tried playing football all way through but got beat by a side miles better then us in extra time, we're playing the game the right way and doing it with kids. Proud to be a tyke tonight.
You have got a very good team there mate, no idea if you've a realistic chance or not, but hope you get promoted this season.

I feel for Stones there, having to play when his head must be all over the place. I wanted to just give him a hug and say, it's alright mate.

I'll hold my tongue on agreeing with you there. if it's true stones wants to leave, then he can let the door hit him on the way out. i hope it's all a stupid mess created by SSN though. but idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back