Beer, revisited

Really sad to hear that Paddy is retiring from the Pen Factory (I know @tommye will agree), but I was relieved to hear that Dom and Fiona are taking over.

A brilliant man, with a fantastic eye for detail and expectations. I remember telling him in an off-the-cuff remark that I was travelling up north and would get a pie.

When he heard the name of the bakery, I was given detailed orders to buy certain ones for him because he wanted to try them in the Everyman.

`A few weeks later, they were on the menu after I found he was doing round-trips to collect them - absolutely marking and definitely not cost-efficient.

But it was always the best with Paddy.

Really sad to hear that Paddy is retiring from the Pen Factory (I know @tommye will agree), but I was relieved to hear that Dom and Fiona are taking over.

A brilliant man, with a fantastic eye for detail and expectations. I remember telling him in an off-the-cuff remark that I was travelling up north and would get a pie.

When he heard the name of the bakery, I was given detailed orders to buy certain ones for him because he wanted to try them in the Everyman.

`A few weeks later, they were on the menu after I found he was doing round-trips to collect them - absolutely marking and definitely not cost-efficient.

But it was always the best with Paddy.

Wonder why they’re giving up the Bridewell - won all kinds of awards ?

Wonder why they’re giving up the Bridewell - won all kinds of awards ?
Has that been confirmed? I thought it was only a rumour. Everything is registered there in terms of the company, and from what I can tell it continues to do well.

If they are, maybe they need the capital for the Pen Factory, as the rent at the Bridewell isn't cheap.

Has that been confirmed? I thought it was only a rumour. Everything is registered there in terms of the company, and from what I can tell it continues to do well.

If they are, maybe they need the capital for the Pen Factory, as the rent at the Bridewell isn't cheap.

There’s an article in todays Echo, which says it’s being run by the company they front - Small Hands.

It looks like Fiona is going to run it.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back