Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see how Kudus would get on here but in a worst case scenario we should have enough in Iwobi, Gray, Gordon, Townsend, McNeil and with the fullbacks pushing up to create chances. The area we seem most limited is putting the ball in the net and this lad Diaz, though untested in the prem does appear to consistently hit the target.
he is a very natural finisher SV.

doesn't look to have much else to his game but the boy is a bagger.

question is can he do it in the Prem.

a risk worth taking me thinks

Think he was the last on our list if we couldn’t get anyone else in.

Absolutely was.

As others have stated we could have had him 6 weeks ago.

You have to think though, are the club willing to spend 15-20m on a player they don't really want? Personally I think they'll pass on him and just go with what we've got til January.

Absolutely was.

As others have stated we could have had him 6 weeks ago.

You have to think though, are the club willing to spend 15-20m on a player they don't really want? Personally I think they'll pass on him and just go with what we've got til January.
I would like to think that maybe we held off, see what happened with Gordon, if Chelsea went loco and threw 80m at us, it means different options.

Benefit of the doubt or something.

I certainly wouldn't hate it. With this season, we're going to need numbers. From what I've seen, I think there's a risk of him being mediocre in the PL. But when we're chasing points in the last ten minutes of the game, you need people who know how to instinctively poke a ball into the net. It definitely looks like he can do that.

But as others have said, I would much rather bring in a more versatile forward. We're going to be too dependent on Gray and McNeil out wide as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back