Transfer Rumour Ben Brereton Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
if we dont want to pay between 15-20M as he is a striker outside the premier league then not paying 17.5M for Cornet seems a mistake in hindsight. Same for Dennis of Watford

Both Cornet and Dennis have been absolutely dreadful this season. As was obvious based on their 2months of success throughout their entire careers.

….the way we play, I suggest we need genuine pace as well as technique and physicality in central attack. The chances we’re creating tend to be exploiting the space behind defenders, I doubt Diaz has that speed plus we’d be paying a premium. Much prefer to buy real potential from abroad.

We need players who meet our requirements.

We need to make some sales and then go for one big money forward signing.

….the way we play, I suggest we need genuine pace as well as technique and physicality in central attack. The chances we’re creating tend to be exploiting the space behind defenders, I doubt Diaz has that speed plus we’d be paying a premium. Much prefer to buy real potential from abroad.

We need players who meet our requirements.
I watched him in a game when we were rumoured to be about to sign him and I was struck by his lack of pace. He's not Rondon-slow but not particularly quick. He played wide left in that game, certainly worked hard for the team and looked full of confidence - he scored in that game.

I can't help but feel he'd end up being another squad player to add to our list rather than someone who can come in and make a difference to the team over a period of time.

We should be looking for better.

I watched him in a game when we were rumoured to be about to sign him and I was struck by his lack of pace. He's not Rondon-slow but not particularly quick. He played wide left in that game, certainly worked hard for the team and looked full of confidence - he scored in that game.

I can't help but feel he'd end up being another squad player to add to our list rather than someone who can come in and make a difference to the team over a period of time.

This team desperately needs pace. Another slow forward like McNeil is not the answer. So based on the above, he is not what we need.

Yep not quick enough for me and not big/powerful enough to play the lone target man role either imo.

Yep not quick enough for me and not big/powerful enough to play the lone target man role either imo.
I'd agree with that. Definitely can't see him as a lone striker, but we've done that with a few others!

Scored a great goal last night though!

On the plus side he scores with his right foot, left foot and head. Clearly a good player at Championship level. Can he make the step up? I think he has too many weaknesses but it's up to our expert scouts to decide.

I'd agree with that. Definitely can't see him as a lone striker, but we've done that with a few others!

Scored a great goal last night though!

On the plus side he scores with his right foot, left foot and head. Clearly a good player at Championship level. Can he make the step up? I think he has too many weaknesses but it's up to our expert scouts to decide.

Yeah the only way I would sign him is if going forward we were playing 352 as I think he would need someone alongside him up top doing the work with him being a poacher type in the box as he can find the back of the net.

Would take a punt on a free but would hope we look elswhere.

Laughing me bollocks off at people raising a smile about us getting Chris Wood - as if we're in the hunt for any better than him.

Wake up dreamers. This is who we now are, and we need desperately for someone...anyone...to beef up that 'attack'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back