Ben Foster on Everton fan negativity influencing opposition tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you say it is the norm then I struggle to believe you go.

And the “one game” in question is the game he specifically mentioned.

Ergo he is talking absolute wham.
He's absolutely nailed it, the most toxic fan base in the country, the players are terrified of playing or trying to play, "geteffinridofitlad" is the usual starting point after 5 minutes, Goodison only gets going if the team are [Poor language removed] or the ref is [Poor language removed], any opposition managers team talk has to be "keep the ball early on, this lot will turn on the team and we win", I can think of many teams who have not won at Goodson over the last 10 years, regardless of ability. Everton fans are like Mason Holgate....not as good as we think we are, still........... bring a flag tomorrow,

Interesting and candid comments from Foster about other teams' awareness of Goodison affecting our players negatively and how they try to capitalise on it.
Blaming fans instead of discussing the real issue, the fragile mentality of our players, Goodison isn't the only place home fans get on our players and break them down

He's absolutely nailed it, the most toxic fan base in the country, the players are terrified of playing or trying to play, "geteffinridofitlad" is the usual starting point after 5 minutes, Goodison only gets going if the team are [Poor language removed] or the ref is [Poor language removed], any opposition managers team talk has to be "keep the ball early on, this lot will turn on the team and we win", I can think of many teams who have not won at Goodson over the last 10 years, regardless of ability. Everton fans are like Mason Holgate....not as good as we think we are, still........... bring a flag tomorrow,
We sucked the three goals in the Street End against Bayern mate.

Seriously, these highly paid professionals need to stop playing like scared rabbits.

Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere.

Interesting and candid comments from Foster about other teams' awareness of Goodison affecting our players negatively and how they try to capitalise on it.

Why are those two melts sat there going “doooo theeeeyyyy?? Woooowwwww” I can only imagine that they’ve never been to a game of football in their lives.

I absolutely don't believe for one minute that opposition players think this way ahead of games, it's hindsight after the fact and mostly based on sensational newspaper headlines. Everton fans are amoungst some of the best in the world, yes, we like any team have a few excitable chaps, but not that get on the backs of the team on matchdays and during games. He's just jumping on a media led bandwagon to make himself look and sound smart. What a plonker!

The atmosphere is tense AF at Goodison. Been that way for years. Probably similar at other ground's mind.
It’s because we’ve had to watch dross for years. We expect better, like other big clubs that have struggled, like villa, maybe Newcastle to.

Teams like Leeds are happy to be in the prem after 16yrs away. Palace just happy to be in the league and see some young players playing decent football. Brighton the same. Even though their fans booed Potter after a home draw a couple of months back. Like he said he must have missed something from
Their history.

Wolves 4yrs on the bounce in the top division, probably have to go back to 70’s to see that.

But all these fans, especially Leeds. And wolves have spent plenty of money, so they will eventually turn if it turns sour.

And once you go through managers like we have . What’s left, is the players And the board.

Why are those two melts sat there going “doooo theeeeyyyy?? Woooowwwww” I can only imagine that they’ve never been to a game of football in their lives.

I know the balding one has made a career out of sucking the life out of pro footballers and being wrecked on a train at lunch time.

Yes? Where have I suggested the players play no part in it?

Players are bad > fans moan and yell > weak players hide away > we play worse > oppo teams know this and try hammer us and dominate early > players are bad.

We used to be a horrid place for opposition teams to come to, as lots say in the media, but I don't feel like teams fear coming to us now.
Teams don't fear coming because the team are a pushover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back