2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
He covered like one mistake. Winning headers is winning headers zonal or man to man and he doesn't.
Unfortunately, Godfrey for me is like Holgate on set pieces, I worry every time because they cannot beat taller players in the air consistently. Mina and Keane have to be the starting pair going forward. Keane has his moments of utter garbage but I don't really worry about him not challenging or winning headers on set pieces.

He's crap, had a few solid games at full back covering but when he's been cb he's been absolutely crap. He can't kick a ball either

_85456544_mike_headless_getty976.jpg

Needs to stick to the basics, over trying is killing him and us.

Not helped by the midfield or Digne but still looks miles off.

He simply cannot defend. He never could. It gives me no pleasure seeing these mistakes but people were ignoring them last year and overhyping the lad.

Leave him out, give him a chance to go away and improve. Stop calling him better than Stones or Jags. Keep realistic and give him a chance to improve. He's currently nowhere near ready to play centre back in this league.

Not big enough for a commanding centre half constantly beaten in the air by opposing centre backs from set pieces.Has got the speed tenacity to be a good full back.

I think it's unfair to play Godfrey in the form he's in and still recovering from COVID.

Mina would've played today if fit, but I don't understand why Holgate isn't picked ahead of Godfrey, who's liability right now.

Brighton was our best defensive performance of season and he hasn't played since.

Status
Not open for further replies.