2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until dacoures back I'd play holgate gomes Allan mf tbh
Holgate played two games in midfield, one where he was good against Man U under Big Dunc and one where he was really bad late last season in a night match, forgot who they were playing but all he did was kick the ball up the field usually off the pitch or to the opposition.

Has a long, long way to go. Maybe all this COVID stuff about him is right because he just hasn't got that raw athleticism he had last season, so far anyway.

He was awful against Watford, and but for a few moments this season he's largely been underwhelming. However, he's young, it's normal to go through bad spells after having a good season, time is on his side and he isn't the worst of our problems right now anyway.

Plenty of players have been dropped, gone away from a team, improved, and came back better.

We need to take him out of the team and let him work on his weaknesses. Whether he can become a good PL centre back is unclear at this stage, but it's certainly possible. He seems to have the right attitude to want to improvement.

Plenty of players have been dropped, gone away from a team, improved, and came back better.

We need to take him out of the team and let him work on his weaknesses. Whether he can become a good PL centre back is unclear at this stage, but it's certainly possible. He seems to have the right attitude to want to improvement.

Yeah he should go out of the side now for me.

Or I'd even be tempted to drop Coleman altogether and just persist with Godfrey at RB so at least we have someone who can deal with pace on our right-side. Could help him build up his fitness and confidence without having to rely on him in the heart of the defense.

Probably seems mad to some to suggest I drop our only Right-Back for a Centre-Half, but there's nothing more from us to gain from playing Coleman.

Laughing at the suggestion to throw comfortably our worst player on the ball in midfield just because he also can't head a ball.
People want to shoe horn players onto the pitch, its daft, Davies wasnt great apart from the goal but putting Ben in that slot would do more harm then good. Hopefully Mina is back next week and Ben will be back on the bench

Him and Keane need to be dropped next week for Holgate and Mina - a performance like Saturday from both of them has to see them dropped to at least send some sort of message.

Obviously keep Rondon in though...

Bloody hell young player of season last year, only a few votes off player of the year too, he should be given this season to prove himself surely, especially if Covid messed him about

It’s always new signings that get these awards, people overrate any new signing. Remember Ashley Williams and Schneiderlin were getting talked up in their first season here.

I'd drop Digne and play Godfrey left back. Digne is horrendous at defending, granted Godfrey isn't lighting the place up at the moment but he was solid at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.