2021/22 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
…but Benitez is running the show when it comes to transfers. Benitez brings players in, Brands makes suggestions but only acquires a player when given the green light by the Manager. This process is a matter of record.

I am not Benitez. I can see how you might confuse us, given the avatar and the personality. I assure you that I shaved, and that I do at least some things differently than Benitez does them.

Brands seems like a pretty even-keel guy. I bet he would have laughed at me all worked up. I would have then laughed, apologized, and said, "But get a [redacted] right back!"

Then we would have laughed again.

I am not Benitez. I can see how you might confuse us, given the avatar and the personality. I assure you that I shaved, and that I do at least some things differently than Benitez does them.

Brands seems like a pretty even-keel guy. I bet he would have laughed at me all worked up. I would have then laughed, apologized, and said, "But get a [redacted] right back!"

Were you involved in some sort of LSD programme at one point?

The Facht! that Rafafel seems happy to have no proper cover at Right (or Left) Back says either he doesn't think that position is important, or he his happy with with giving our younger Centre Back time out there like Carlos did (and got vilified by certain posters on here)

Let see if the same shouty biased posters who attacked Carlos for playing a back four of centre backs in an injury crisis last year, will keep quiet about the situation under their beloved Kopite King, even though he's made the situation worse by not addressing the problem in the window and exiling Hard as Niels to Belgium.

Were you involved in some sort of LSD programme at one point?

Nope.

You've never met me in person, tone doesn't carry all that well in text, and you'd need the context on when and how I actually lose my temper in person.

It would be fairly obvious that I was exaggerating for effect, and Brands seems like the kind of guy that picks up on that stuff. If I go the full Philadelphia, I do it with the accent and everything. I don't normally talk with the accent, so it would be clear that I was both upset and intentionally playing a stereotype.

Nope.

You've never met me in person, tone doesn't carry all that well in text, and you'd need the context on when and how I actually lose my temper in person.

It would be fairly obvious that I was exaggerating for effect, and Brands seems like the kind of guy that picks up on that stuff. If I go the full Philadelphia, I do it with the accent and everything. I don't normally talk with the accent, so it would be clear that I was both upset and intentionally playing a stereotype.

I was more just pointing to the fact you chat some dirge in your own little world.

It used to be a thing a few years ago that all young centre backs would start out at full back to learn about defending in a game, before moving into the centre.

I do remember a few managers describing that process in the 90's, wonder if Rafael is taking the same approach with the lack of RB options?

It used to be a thing a few years ago that all young centre backs would start out at full back to learn about defending in a game, before moving into the centre.

I do remember a few managers describing that process in the 90's, wonder if Rafael is taking the same approach with the lack of RB options?
The positions used to be similar. I don't think they are now when you look at how fullbacks play in possession. Half the job doesn't translate.

We really need him back if only for the versatility- especially with Coleman injured. That and he is a damned good talent. Want him to get as much game time as possible and improve his overall game.

Godfrey should not be playing RB unless there is no other option. He is part of along with Mina my preferred CB partnership. Its illogical to weaken one position to strengthen another. If Godfrey plays RB we will end up with Keane Mina at CB and us defending deep which will then over stretch our midfield. Godfrey is not a great threat going forward so we also lose the effectiveness of our right hand side. I hope he is fit and goes straight back into the team at CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back