2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Godfrey does can be found elsewhere. He was decent for us last season, but he offers nothing going forward. And that's not just because of Dyche - he has never had an attacking threat or technical ability. He's fast. That's pretty much it.

If we can sell him for anything to benefit our books I'd be happy with that. Then hopefully we can find a bench defender elsewhere for around what we sold him for, or cheaper.

What Godfrey does can be found elsewhere. He was decent for us last season, but he offers nothing going forward. And that's not just because of Dyche - he has never had an attacking threat or technical ability. He's fast. That's pretty much it.

If we can sell him for anything to benefit our books I'd be happy with that. Then hopefully we can find a bench defender elsewhere for around what we sold him for, or cheaper.
I remember being at goodison when we played spurs last season. Don't think I've ever seen so many players having to have words with a player over being caught out of possession. That's what Godfrey brings. Pace, athleticism and no brain.

Not sure if this has been asked on here already but...
Godfrey bought for £22m over a 5 year deal which he is in his 5th year (£4.4m a year).
Would mean £5.6 of the £10m would go on PSR as profit as the remaining £4.4m would still be on the books?

Yep anything above his final year book price/amortisation is profit mate.

We also gain, his wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back