2023/24 Ben Godfrey

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect there’s not much good options which explained we’d rather keep than sell at 10. I believe Dyche is not even considering Keane or holgate as backup option under any circumstances.
Keane, Holgate, Maupay, Godfrey and Beto should all be deemed absolutely surplus to requirements and have extra resources put into offloading them asap. That's about £250k plus a week for those and they're all appalling players by Premier League standards.

I suspect there’s not much good options which explained we’d rather keep than sell at 10. I believe Dyche is not even considering Keane or holgate as backup option under any circumstances.

Hopefully something in that rumour about the Man City right back who was on loan at Luton. I think the fee quoted was around 13m. If we could get around that fee for Godfrey and go and get him (Kabore) we'd then replaced a makeshift player for a recognised full back

Hopefully something in that rumour about the Man City right back who was on loan at Luton. I think the fee quoted was around 13m. If we could get around that fee for Godfrey and go and get him (Kabore) we'd then replaced a makeshift player for a recognised full back
Good option indeed but if we deploy 2 attacking fullback. Ndidi Gana partnership is a must. It’s all making sense now.

What Godfrey does can be found elsewhere. He was decent for us last season, but he offers nothing going forward. And that's not just because of Dyche - he has never had an attacking threat or technical ability. He's fast. That's pretty much it.

If we can sell him for anything to benefit our books I'd be happy with that. Then hopefully we can find a bench defender elsewhere for around what we sold him for, or cheaper.
I don't think that is the correct way to try to replace Godfrey tbh.

We all know that if Branthwaite isn't leaving this summer then he will almost certainly leave next summer.
This is the time to bring in a young centre half like Greaves, O Brien or someone else as a long term replacement.
They have a year to settle into the club and the premiership and in twelve months should be ready to start every week if tthe need arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back