2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a bit lightweight.
He is. But with that stature comes a lot of benefits too. Such as balance and very quick feet and the ability to drop the shoulder and glide past players. There will be plenty of games we'll see the good side of Bernard this season. Not all games will suit him, like today, but you can't argue that he doesn't give 100% every time he goes on the pitch.

His touch and ability to find space is a fantastic asset. When he’s found himself in front of goal against Utd and Chelsea he’s panicked badly.

Tons of ability, I will be looking at Silva to get the best out of him, form and confidence-wise.

His touch and ability to find space is a fantastic asset. When he’s found himself in front of goal against Utd and Chelsea he’s panicked badly.

Tons of ability, I will be looking at Silva to get the best out of him, form and confidence-wise.
I think it's because both times he has busted a gut to get on the end of it and just about got there.
Once he is 100% fit his head will hopefully be clearer, rather than concentrating on making it instead of what he is going to do once he gets there.

I think it's because both times he has busted a gut to get on the end of it and just about got there.
Once he is 100% fit his head will hopefully be clearer, rather than concentrating on making it instead of what he is going to do once he gets there.

Think he’s just panicked, myself, and overthought it. But the lad has obvious skill and quality.

As I say, this is a good chance for silva to prove his coaching credentials and get the best out of the lad.

I thought he played well against one of the best fullbacks in the league. Kept him quiet going forward too. If there is a criticism he could have crossed the ball a couple of times instead of over playing or passing. But I think he is only going to get better. Early days yet.

He will probably play off the front man for Cardiff as siggurdson surely wouldn't be risked

Tough one because I agree that’d probably be his best position in terms of influencing play, but we’d be losing an awful lot of the defensive side of Gylfi’s game. I know we will have less defending to do against Cardiff, but I’d want us to avoid a banana skin through underestimating them and sending out a lightweight midfield.

Yeah. I think the likes of Bernard, Gomes, Mina and Coleman are all building up their fitness levels. Lookman too probably.

Somebody's going to be on the receiving end soon.

Walcott's pace will be nullified in my opinion. We will need the trickery and guile of Bernard and Lookman. I'd bring Walcott back for the derby though.

TBH it's just good to have decent options for a change.
Good shout re Walcotts pace. Im not too impressed with Bernard though. Apart from the goal he made against Leicester, he hasnt done enough for me. Hopefully prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back