2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good shout re Walcotts pace. Im not too impressed with Bernard though. Apart from the goal he made against Leicester, he hasnt done enough for me. Hopefully prove me wrong.
Still getting used to the league and getting fitness back. Missed the end of last season with an injury and had no pre season so hadn't played since about March. Think he's done OK personally and it's clear he is a classy footballer.

If Siggy isn't ready for the Cardiff game, I'd play him in the middle and bring Richarlison back to his favoured left side. Similar to Walcott, I think he'd be wasted up top with his back to goal. Would probably bring Tosun back for another go up top in the hope he's able to link the play better.

Still getting used to the league and getting fitness back. Missed the end of last season with an injury and had no pre season so hadn't played since about March. Think he's done OK personally and it's clear he is a classy footballer.

If Siggy isn't ready for the Cardiff game, I'd play him in the middle and bring Richarlison back to his favoured left side. Similar to Walcott, I think he'd be wasted up top with his back to goal. Would probably bring Tosun back for another go up top in the hope he's able to link the play better.
Like I say mate, hope he proves me wrong, but the chance he missed against man u and that one today has put doubt in my mind. On the plus side, its nice to have these options.

Lookman should challenge Walcott IMO. Bernard is adjusting and got that X in him.
But Walcott's a right winger and Lookman isn't - he's clearly far more comfortable on the left so should be given a chance at his favoured position given that Bernard hasn't managed to properly kick on since the Leicester game.

Very lightweight and it shows. But he's getting used to the league and I won't write him off anytime soon as he has obvious quality and seems to work well with Digne and when receiving the ball from Gomes who seems to enjoy playing it down the left.

Never ever been a prolific scorer, so if people expect that from him they'll be dissapointed, nearest we've had to pienaar, who also didn't score many.
As much as I loved Pienaar his lack of goals was what held him back from being a really top player. At the minute I’m thinking Bernard will be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back