2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
..weird that considering how comfortable he is with a football at his feet. His goalscoring record is actually quite poor so it shouldn’t be a surprise.
Yeah, I saw that when googeling him over the summer. He didnt even score in ukraine, so he probably wont get many in the prem either.

Was our 3rd best passer vs chelsea with 85%++ success rate.

Walcott made less passes and achieved about 68%.

That tells its own story.
That could actually tell multiple stories depending on who is interprating the stats and what their agenda is. I dont jave an agenda by the way but I know you do Zat.

As much as I loved Pienaar his lack of goals was what held him back from being a really top player. At the minute I’m thinking Bernard will be the same.

He isn't world class, and won't be, what he is basically is a very good player who has massively improved the team by being part of it, and if he chips in with 6-7 a season that'll do me.

Just under 89% pass accuracy yesterday, third highest on the team.

..probably the key reason he’s getting picked over Lookman. It appears Silva wants brave footballers with real belief in their ability to go to places like Stamford Bridge and keep hold of the ball. It’s an area where Bernard will have the edge over Lookman at this stage.

I'm sure Marco Silva is working on trying to get him to score and assist more. We need 10 goals each from Walcott, Sigurdsson and Bernard or Lookman, and that's a really tall order, but if that happens, we'll definitely be pushing for top 6. Next year, I'd hope for 50 goals in the EPL from our front 4, to be really optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back