2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Made some space for himself to get a few shots away today but maybe he just doesn't feel confident enough yet to take shots from outside the 18 and would've been on his right foot after cutting in. One of our exciting players as in - when he gets the ball he makes you get up.

I like Reidy*...good player and he possesses sparkle. Not his best game today though.

* I call Bernard, Reidy, after a schoolmate of mine, Bernard Reid. I ran into Bernard a couple of months ago in an off-license...he had put on a LOT of weight. Good looking bloke back in the day, pulled many fit birds, but he was a bit of a boring guy and the relationships didn’t last long. I was not as good looking as Reidy, but did ok for myself...and no bird ever levelled the accusation of “you’re boring” at me!...quite the opposite tbf. Great days, lots of fun.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit. It’s 1pm here and I’m off to the supermarket. My mum and Tullia, my daughter, are coming over tonight for a roast sirloin and I need to grab a few items.
I wish all GOTers a happy Sunday...

I like Reidy*...good player and he possesses sparkle. Not his best game today though.

* I call Bernard, Reidy, after a schoolmate of mine, Bernard Reid. I ran into Bernard a couple of months ago in an off-license...he had put on a LOT of weight. Good looking bloke back in the day, pulled many fit birds, but he was a bit of a boring guy and the relationships didn’t last long. I was not as good looking as Reidy, but did ok for myself...and no bird ever levelled the accusation of “you’re boring” at me!...quite the opposite tbf. Great days, lots of fun.

Anyway, I’m rambling a bit. It’s 1pm here and I’m off to the supermarket. My mum and Tullia, my daughter, are coming over tonight for a roast sirloin and I need to grab a few items.
Well, I fell off my chair reading this early morning revelation....

That you @chicoazul

You’re right. I could never imagine birds calling you boring back in the day.

It's the typical Everton mentality of either he's awful or great, with the latter meaning he's except from any criticism. In reality, the truth is somewhere in between.

Technically, Bernard is a fantastic player and this has been shown in previous games; his initial cameos were terrific and his first few in the XI were very positive.

You could also argue that he's contributed to our improved performances as of late. However, I tend to agree with @Lanolin that he can also flatter to deceive.

The last two home games he's showed his ability in stages (again, clearly technically very good) while equally looking lost in parts and ineffective in the final stages.

In the end, I'm very confident that he'll start contributing the goals and assist we believe he can, when he has fully adapted to the league and builds momentum.

It's the typical Everton mentality of either he's awful or great, with the latter meaning he's except from any criticism. In reality, the truth is somewhere in between.

Technically, Bernard is a fantastic player and this has been shown in previous games; his initial cameos were terrific and his first few in the XI were very positive.

You could also argue that he's contributed to our improved performances as of late. However, I tend to agree with @Lanolin that he can also flatter to deceive.

The last two home games he's showed his ability in stages (again, clearly technically very good) while equally looking lost in parts and ineffective in the final stages.

In the end, I'm very confident that he'll start contributing the goals and assist we believe he can, when he has fully adapted to the league and builds momentum.

For me the thing that convinces me he's gonna turn into a terrific player for us is the mentality of him, runs his arse off, which for any "flair" player, is huge when they are otherwise having a bit of a off day, least means your not carrying a player etc.

He gave a ball away after about 20 minutes but after that was excellent. Some of his link up play in the second half was superb. Embarrassing reading the last few posts before I seen yours mate.
I like Bernard, but he gave the ball away more than once yesterday. He was better in the second half, but both him and Theo were sloppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back