2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll take him ages to adapt but I like how Marco is sticking with him through this transition period.

No doubt, when he acclimatises he's going to be some player for us

Yeah Sigurdsson's second against Fulham. Zouma with his assist at Leicester.

Surprising stat though.

You don’t think him skinning two players and drawing the keeper out with his cross for R9 classes as an assist?

Played siggy in last night and without a goal line clearance he would have had another

You don’t think him skinning two players and drawing the keeper out with his cross for R9 classes as an assist?

Played siggy in last night and without a goal line clearance he would have had another

I haven't actually said what I think, I merely provided a stat which indicates end-product...

I actually think he's a very good with the ball, are there stats anywhere for assist the assister?

At the moment he cannot quite make things happen like Lookman did yesterday.
But he is alright in all other aspects.
We should play him on the right and Lookman on the left. lol

Really concerned about this guy's performances. On his first start with the assist for Richarlison I thought we have a player here. But since then he's done sweet FA.

It concerns me that he looks like he probably doesn't have a very good footballing brain but is just one of those naturally talented players technically because he's so small with a low centre of gravity. From what I've seen so far I would say he is not of the required standard but it's way too early to make a proper judgement, hopefully things change but his decision making is concerning and the amount of times he gets his feet wrong is too.

He needs to calm down a bit and relax. His quality on the ball is clear but it took him about half an hour to settle. He just flicked at the ball casually and constantly gave it away. Really really poor for 25-30 minutes.

But then he really grew into the game and became our main threat. I think it's decision making and possibly confidence which are going to be his issues. It's all there for him, hopefully he can deliver.

Really concerned about this guy's performances. On his first start with the assist for Richarlison I thought we have a player here. But since then he's done sweet FA.

It concerns me that he looks like he probably doesn't have a very good footballing brain but is just one of those naturally talented players technically because he's so small with a low centre of gravity. From what I've seen so far I would say he is not of the required standard but it's way too early to make a proper judgement, hopefully things change but his decision making is concerning and the amount of times he gets his feet wrong is too.
Your post would point to the fact that you have made your mind up.

It's weird when you think about it, when we were going through the process of signing him I the feeling we were buying this top class, top quality Brazilian, but when you look deeper he actually hadn't done anything of note to merit that feeling.

Saying that, I love flair players to death, and at 26 he is coming up to his peak, just hope this lad goes on to do the bizz because there is no better sight than seeing a Brazilian taking the piss out of opposing players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back