2018/19 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't actually said what I think, I merely provided a stat which indicates end-product...

I actually think he's a very good with the ball, are there stats anywhere for assist the assister?

Only stat I take notice of is goals to games ratio . The rest can’t really be used imo

He's probably only just about getting match fit, he never played for a good few months, changed to a league which is completely different than he's ever played in and much more intensity, defenders who are physical. he'll be fine, just be patient, I know that's hard for modern fans but good things tothose who wait etc...

Bernard is the player I find myself shaking my head at most often. I hope he gains more composure.
I think he is stll just lacking a bit of match sharpness tbh, he has not played properly since March, i think some are forgetting this and he has always been subbed off in games. I have no worries that he will come through and be an important player for us, im far more worried about Walcotts form at the moment, far too erratic and shoot's when he should pass.

Should just use him as a sub he looks better coming on when the opposition is tired it gives him more time to think about what he is doing
once he adapts to this league he will be great

It's great that Silva is continuing with him in the side. He needs game time to adjust to the PL but given time, he's going to be one of our most dangerous players.

Players with 500+ minutes playing time this year who have created more open play chances per 90 than Bernard:

David Silva
Ryan Fraser
Eden Hazard
Raheem Sterling
Bernardo Silva
Leroy Sane
Willian
Salah
Iwobi

So only Ryan Fraser from outside the expected clubs is creating more.

He is doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back