Best city on earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with London though is that to live anywhere near the centre you either have to have a very well paid job and/or accept you probably won't be able to buy, or live in a bit of a dive. It's a shame.

Aye, that is a drawback of the place, and it is incredibly busy, with not much access to nature, but then it's a city so you kinda pays your money and take your choice. If I were to move out it would be to somewhere quieter and greener, not to another city.

Apart from from friendly people

I think that's down to the pace of the place. When people are in a rush, they don't tend to be that friendly. I wouldn't regard not talking to strangers on the tube as being unfriendly :) Most people I've come across have been nice enough though.

another particular favourite....
la_paz_bolivia.jpg

...Nuestra Señora de La Paz

And the correct answer of course is New York.

I would love to be able to say there's a better city based on spending time in some obscure ace city on my travels, and while there have been many ace cities there is not one that can match New York for me. It just had absolutely everything, and it's like being in your very own boss movie.

Greatest city the world will ever produce. I'd drop everything to live there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back