Best Ever Gig / Concert ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Led Zeppelin at Earls Court 1975 - saw them 3 nights running when I should have been revising for my A levels!

me too, also went to the 2 nights the following weekend.
Best gig for me has to be Prince at the NEC in 95, no brass section, no rappers, no dancers, just him and 4 other musicians, the tightest band ever.
Very close second was the last ever gig by Gene, a great live band that you had to make the most of and enjoy as you knew you wouldn't ever see them again.

me too, also went to the 2 nights the following weekend.
Best gig for me has to be Prince at the NEC in 95, no brass section, no rappers, no dancers, just him and 4 other musicians, the tightest band ever.
Very close second was the last ever gig by Gene, a great live band that you had to make the most of and enjoy as you knew you wouldn't ever see them again.

Gene were a very good live act. Better than the records.

Metallica Loaded tour Denver, CO. They played all their hard stuff only a few of the softer stuff. Was an awesome show.

I remember "One" ... Dudes repelling out the lights. Pyrotechnics all over the place. Dudes on fire running across the stage. The Drum kit on a pedestal rising above the stage up in flames... was epic.

Monsters of rock, Donnington 1992 headlines by Iron Maiden but with a young band called Thunder blowing Maiden off the stage.

Mind you, in March I'm off to see the original Mk1 line up of Quo at Wembley Arena so that should be a good night out, even if they haven't played together for 30 years.

Would also like to see Mk1 Black Sabbath if they ever sort out this reunion tour....and Pink Floyd too please!

Radiohead 6-23-01 at the Gorge Amphitheatre, George, WA, USA

TheGorgeAmphitheater.jpg

U2 live in Paris, May 1992. First night of the indoor European Zoo TV tour. Only EFC have ever taken me to the same heights of pure ecstasy.

Seen some ace ones in my time.. Some of the better ones for me would probably be..
U2 Millenium Stadium
Muse, Metallica, Foo Fighters Wembley
Flight 666 (Bruce Dickinson) flying us to Sweden to one of his gigs, got on stage with him for photo's, got let into the gig early to stroll down to the front row, stayed in the same hotel as the gig, then he flew us home... That was pretty ace.
Front row for NIN at the SCALA in London
Ladysmith black Mambozo or whatever they are called are funny as fk
Slash with Miles Kennedy - Birmingham was ace
Prodigy, Madness, Them Crooked Vultures at Plymouth Pavillions were all great
Been most of the big UK rock fests as well. Just Sonisphere to go, which I tick off this year.
Placebo are quality live too
Muse in Teignmouth was ace as well
NIN, Linkin Park, Foo Fighters and about a dozen others at the O2 London were also top notch, great venue that one.
Levellers just playing levelling the land album in some weird place in London was immense as well

I just can't narrow it down further than that for top gigs, could mention shed loads more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back