Best Ever Gig / Concert ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every gig I've ever tried and failed to get a ticket for was probably so immense that I should feel bad for it.

AC/DC Wembley 2009
Lamb of God Manchester Apollo (2012??)
Prodigy Leeds 2002
Leftfield Manchester Apollo
Beta Band Glasto 2000

The Ghost of a Thousand in Leeds 2009, incredible atmosphere and intimate gig with less than 100 people, all going beserk. The band absolutely killed it.

Been to so many gigs in my 51 years, it would be hard to choose.

Bowie - Murrayfield 1984
Roxy Music - Glasgow Apollo 1981
Buzzcocks (supported by The Joy Division) - Glasgow Apollo 1979
Marvin Gaye (supported by Edwin Starr) - Usher Hall Edinburgh
The Smiths - Glasgow Barrowlands 1986
The Cocteau Twins - Glasgow Barrowlands 1994
Kraftwerk - Glasgow Apollo 1981, so good, I went again to see them next night Edinburgh Playhouse
Simple Minds (supported by the John Foxx Ultravox) - Grangemouth Town Hall

any of the many times I've seen Morrissey ;)

Chas and Dave Christmas special in 2005 in Brighton was probably the most fun I've ever had at a gig. "Got my beer on the sideboard 'ere" brought the house down.

Stone Roses at Finsbury Park, 7th of June last year. Unbelievable. Was hungover on the day and had travelled constantly from 10am-7pmish to get there, drinking throughout our treks back and forth a far too busy London. Was in a bad mood to put it mildly. As soon as we got there that changed because there was a buzz in the air. The Courteeners were on and they're one of my favourite bands so that bit was good, Dizzee Rascal was utter tosh, and when the first chords of 'I Wanna Be Adored' started I lost the plot completely. The first line of Elephant Stone was like a last minute Everton winner vs the RS. BOSS LAD.

Arctic Monkeys in 2009 were good as well. The Wombats, though shiite now I listen to them again, were great at the time and were my first proper gig so they were good too. The Happy Mondays just before Christmas were utter tosh, however. Still a good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back