Confirmed Signing Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, alot more mobile, I`m not one for YouTube videos but the one below highlights his pace if nothing else...

Absolutely perfect player for Everton, a player I`ve always suggested and would love to see in the blue shirt. I think this will be happening, reports coming out of Italy yesterday and this morning seem encouraging. Udinese are looking to loan Juventus striker Kaio Jorge, this is widely believed to be Beto`s replacement in the short term.

Beto makes perfect sense, with Beto in the side less focus and pressure will fall on DCL and Beto will suit our style perfectly, I think that will make a great difference to DCL and the team, not only that but I think Beto could well end up good enough to replace DCL. That sort of competition can only be great for pushing both players.... again good for both players and the team.

Mate that overhead kick is destined for the Kop .. scenes OMG

I was a little bit sick in my mouth writing it but he did get like 8 assists last season and that’s how bad Udinese attack looked, I thought ‘even Iwobi would create better chances’
I couldn't see Iwobi tearing up Serie C let alone A 😃.

Lots of ifs and buts here, but if we signed this fella at the start of the summer and take our chances against Fulham we start the season on a positive note. Getting beat away to Villa isn't the massive disaster it has been made out be and we go again against Wolves.

The dragging our heels and picking up no points has put us in relegation fight mode after two games. Instead of scrapping for places 8-14 we are hoping to stay up. If we finish 17th it will cost us a few million in prize money compared to 12th ish. If we go down even worse.

Absolute board incompetence. Again.

Ok Bill, I've finally let you have a meeting with us to discuss Beto. What are the 'great terms' you have

Thank you, I propose £1m up front, £2m next year and £32m if we win the league, fair?

Bill get out

If we sign him I've no doubt he'll be a huge improvement over Maupay and probably even DCL in all honesty - even when he's fit.

But the thing that's really concerning to me is the club once again spending huge money on somebody relatively unheard of and somebody who is not even an international player.

Over £30m on somebody with a modest goal return seems incredibly excessive, but hey, it's not my money so as long as we don't fall foul of any rules and given it seems nobody else wants to join us, he'll more than do.

It's just incredibly jarring to see the likes of Brighton, Forest and others going out there and picking up players for €8-12m who you just know will probably perform better over the season.

If we have £30m, why can't we go and get four of these type of players Brighton seem to constantly find? If two of them turn out to be a success then it will have paid off big time. But again, I understand the club somehow isn't capable of doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.