2023/24 Beto

Was most pleased with how he pinged the cb in good positions with back to goal, which is something he hasn't always done. His technique let's him down but being a big athlete who makes good runs off the shoulder would probably see him be a 10ish goal a season striker if he started. That's probably what having to sign players on a 25 year payment structure gets you.

Funny because you’ve had an argument for the last 10 weeks with anyone who dared suggest he starts..

….i have, I’d much prefer DCL and I’d always select him myself but after watching today I wouldn’t be strongly against Beto starting . Beto is awful, the penalty and first half miss were shockers but to be fair he made life awkward for the defence and I didn’t notice a difference when DCL came on.

….i have, I’d much prefer DCL and I’d always select him myself but after watching today I wouldn’t be strongly against Beto starting . Beto is awful, the penalty and first half miss were shockers but to be fair he made life awkward for the defence and I didn’t notice a difference when DCL came on.
The penalty was not a 'shocker'

…..he’s awful but he’s a handful. I have no argument with those who feel he should start the next game, most selection options in this team are like moving the deckchairs on the Titanic.
First half was as bad as I’ve seen from a striker for us since Rondon. Very important for him that he got a goal there and grew into the game some what.
Never looked confident with the pen.
McNeil is probably the cleanest striker of the ball in our team.

The penalty was not a 'shocker'

….it was definitely a shocker, it was a very poor strike.

The skip and run up make hitting it cleanly difficult and gave the goalkeeper a great chance of saving if he guessed the right way.

If you see it from the Park End you see it was choked.

Last edited: