2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "he's doing so well in training" is a clue to a sale, to me...

If he stays, I hope he comes good, but I don't see a clear path to that based on what we saw last season.

If we could get back roughly what we’ve paid or need to pay for him we could have dodged a bullet I think anyway we need much better than Beto that’s for sure.

Would seem incredibly short-sighted to sell Beto when Dom's only got a year left, Maupay is Maupay, and Chermiti is still a work in progress. We'd be in exactly the same position that we were in before we brought Beto in, in the first place. On a personal level, I think he's set to have a better season with more consistent appearances and a lot of people will have to walk back their opinions on him.

The "he's doing so well in training" is a clue to a sale, to me...

If he stays, I hope he comes good, but I don't see a clear path to that based on what we saw last season.
I think we still have a chance, but if he plays more this season I think his value will drop off

Would seem incredibly short-sighted to sell Beto when Dom's only got a year left, Maupay is Maupay, and Chermiti is still a work in progress. We'd be in exactly the same position that we were in before we brought Beto in, in the first place. On a personal level, I think he's set to have a better season with more consistent appearances and a lot of people will have to walk back their opinions on him.
We bought him because it was zero payment upfront and we thought Dom would barely play due to his injury record. He's served his purpose

If we can even get close to what we paid, then he has to move on. Maybe Italy suits him better.

Its the whole jeopardy between him and Dom though mate, its looking likely one will leave and we dont want to be in a position we were with strikers in 22/23. We need at least three and bringing in two is a job of work, especially given our limits.

Doms situation is a face ache.

Its the whole jeopardy between him and Dom though mate, its looking likely one will leave and we dont want to be in a position we were with strikers in 22/23. We need at least three and bringing in two is a job of work, especially given our limits.

Doms situation is a face ache.
We’d certainly need a first team replacement lined up. But I don’t think it’d be particularly difficult to find one that could at least do as much as Beto. Reminded me of a tall Niasse.

But Beto is Beto. We've had a season look at him and he's clearly not very good

Sure dyche will be looking at him alot this pre season will have a price like most players here that we would sell to. I would not write him off aftwr last season is tough to be a cf at everton, think he has it in him to improve here

But Beto is Beto. We've had a season look at him and he's clearly not very good
We've had mostly sub appearances with defensive wingers that overly rely on Dom's holdup play to advance down the pitch. I'm not saying Beto is a world beater, but it makes no sense to bin him off with Dom's future undecided. We should be bolstering the positions around Beto to suit his playstyle (which we're already doing) and then seeing where he's at. Why would we add a proven goalscoring striker, one of the hardest positions to fill in football, to our already cumbersome shopping list?

It depends what they think they can get out of him. If they think he's going to be a much better player with a season under his belt thats great but if they don't the short sighted thing would be to keep someone you know isn't good enough just for the sake of it instead of taking the money while its on offer.

Would be a bit of shame, but if you get your money back I think you absolutely have to sell. His value isn’t likely to go up much due to his age, and there’s real risk that the future payments become a drag if he disappoints.

Do Bologna have money to spend after the Zirkzee sale and being in CL? I’d still be skeptical that they aren’t just looking for a loan.

Is Chermiti ahead of him? End of season would seriously suggest that is the case. If it is, definitely sell.

Can’t imagine the club do anything until Dom’s situation is sorted. It wouldn’t be ideal to be looking for two new strikers, but there would be money to spend if both were sold, and it’s not a whole lot of production to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back