2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but if the report is actually correct then it's time for him to pack his bags.

Seems a really nice Lad, But we need a striker ( Not a nice lad )
And we've got plenty of time to hunt one down..

Or Chermitti + Maups will be our Savious

Can we just Davy Klassen him? Take a small loss, move on. I genuinely don't have a clue what he's meant to excel at. His highlight videos was mostly him picking up a loose ball in the 6 yard box ffs.
We've unfortunately only ever been able to Davy Klassen Davy Klassen, haven't we? Can't think of any other examples. Alex Iwobi was sold, but after three awful years with one tiny purple patch of about three months. He wasn't Davy Klassen'ed (bought, realised he was crap, sold for half decent money within a year).

Tbf though, if the best we've done is called a 'Davy Klaasen' that's horrific then isn't it seeing as we bought him for £24m and sold him for £12m after 7 appearances! 😂

Sandro no, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderin, Williams, Maupay, Keane, Gbamin, Walcott, Holgate also no. Godfrey no, but thankfully he's gone now.

Genuinely about two hundred million thrown away in fees and wages, might as have have just burned it. That money would have paid for a quarter of the new stadium.

I won't class add Mina or Gomes as they weren't almost immediately deemed to be crap / bought far too expensively to ever prove wise investments - they were just unlucky with injury.

It would be great however if we could Davy Klassen Beto.

Last edited:
How many starts are you judging him off? Yes he's raw and his hold up play needs alot of work but he showed he can finish of he is fed and lot of players take a season to adapt. Unless we are getting 20m plus back I don't see the point in selling him yet. We will lose a big chunk, DCL is going too that would leave us needing two strikers in one window. When we struggle to get one of required standard.

He's only 26 and clearly he's been used as a DCL clone which he isnt. He needs the ball played in front of him so, in a counter attacking team he can use his power and pace to get us up the pitch.

Even if we play that way this season and he is effective, he's never going to become a £30mil+ or £50mil+ rated player as he's clearly lacking in technique.

Weve seen a short amount of Chermiti but his technique looks miles above Beto's.

For me and it is too early to tell, we would need Dyche to change how we play and how Beto is used otherwise its pointless to keep him.

Also Chermiti it seemed was more in favour towards season end.

If we’re offered £20m+ should we sell him?
You Beto, you Beto, you bet.

Ive said for months that we should sell:

Beto: For the reasons in my post above
DCL: Injuries/contract & end product
Maupay: Awful

If we can sell all 3 for north of £50mil we'll also save a big chunk on wages e.g £200k

I'd much rather the money to reinvest than the players.

Try for Evan Ferguson with Chermiti rotating. But im sure Thelwell will be able to bring in someone better than we have for that money.

If you really look at the numbers based on how many minutes they’ve each played, Beto was almost exactly as productive as DCL. If he’d played the same minutes, he’d also have scored 7. But if he’d been given more minutes and consistency, he might have had a breakthrough.

We've unfortunately only ever been able to Davy Klassen Davy Klassen, haven't we? Can't think of any other examples. Alex Iwobi was sold, but after three awful years with one tiny purple patch of about three months. He wasn't Davy Klassen'ed (bought, realised he was crap, sold for half decent money within a year).

Tbf though, if the best we've done is called a 'Davy Klaasen' that's horrific then isn't it seeing as we bought him for £24m and sold him for £12m after 7 appearances! 😂

Sandro no, Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Niasse, Schneiderin, Williams, Maupay, Keane, Gbamin, Walcott, Holgate also no. Godfrey no, but thankfully he's gone now.

Genuinely about two hundred million thrown away in fees and wages, might as have have just burned it. That money would have paid for a quarter of the new stadium.

I won't class add Mina or Gomes as they weren't almost immediately deemed to be crap / bought far too expensively to ever prove wise investments - they were just unlucky with injury.

It would be great however if we could Davy Klassen Beto.
Moise kean? Couple of hefty loan fees and then sold him for pretty much what we bought him for

He's only 26 and clearly he's been used as a DCL clone which he isnt. He needs the ball played in front of him so, in a counter attacking team he can use his power and pace to get us up the pitch.

Even if we play that way this season and he is effective, he's never going to become a £30mil+ or £50mil+ rated player as he's clearly lacking in technique.

Weve seen a short amount of Chermiti but his technique looks miles above Beto's.

For me and it is too early to tell, we would need Dyche to change how we play and how Beto is used otherwise its pointless to keep him.

Also Chermiti it seemed was more in favour towards season end.

I agree with you regarding Beto and his style. It's totally different to DCL and he's suffering from what Lukaku used to (and still does) at times where people see a big centre forward (and usually due to racial stereotyping) think they're a target man when both Beto and Lukaku are players that play better with it at their feet compared to DCL who is the guy who wins aerial balls and knocks it down to others etc. I think Chermiti so far to me seems like a bit of a hybrid between both. Technically capable (likely due to his Sporting upbringing), but also of the DCL mould which is capable of being a target.

I don't think Beto suits a Dyche side or the way the Dyche side is currently playing at least.

Last edited:
If you really look at the numbers based on how many minutes they’ve each played, Beto was almost exactly as productive as DCL. If he’d played the same minutes, he’d also have scored 7. But if he’d been given more minutes and consistency, he might have had a breakthrough.

The missed chance at Fulham away told me all I need to know about Beto.

• Unsure
Reactions: den
Only 26? I know most players go on for longer now but they’re still supposed to be hitting their prime at 27. But you’re right, he needs to go.

I agree with you regarding Beto and his style. It's totally different to DCL and he's suffering from what Lukaku used to (and still does) at times where people see a big centre forward (and usually due to racial stereotyping) think they're a target man when both Beto and Lukaku are players that play better with it at their feet compared to DCL who is the guy who wins aerial balls and knocks it down to others etc. I think Chermiti so far to me seems like a bit of a hybrid between both. Technically capable (likely due to his Sporting upbringing), but also of the DCL mould which is capable of being a target.

I don't think Beto suits a Dyche side or the way the Dyche side is currently playing at least.

Thats the long & short of it.

So he should be sold...Maupay as well.

With the DCL contract situation he should be sold as well

Sell all 3 and sign a superior 1st choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back