2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's called recognizing that you made a mistake and cutting your losses.
Like Lookman?

NB Lookman is a bit of an extreme example as it’s taken him several years to reach any sort of potential - which he and Everton didn’t have the patience for.

My opinion remains though, he’s not shown himself to be as entirely unsuited to this league as say Koldrup or Klassen so I’m not ready to draw a line under his sign just yet.

All the quick to judge types who want Beto sold are going to be upset when the window shuts. Maupay, DCL, Chermiti (loan) are all more likely to be out.

I think everyone understands that there was a lot of people wanting him to play more last season for exactly that reason but theres a lot more to being a striker at this level than just scoring and it was the rest of his game was concerning not so much his goalscoring.
True, but he played very few minutes, and usually under pressure to score, on a team with the third worst possession in the league. He sometimes came on for about 10 minutes and took 2-3 shots trying to make something happen.

True, but he played very few minutes, and usually under pressure to score, on a team with the third worst possession in the league. He sometimes came on for about 10 minutes and took 2-3 shots trying to make something happen.
His all round game looked really poor I just don't think theres any point in pretending that wasn't the case he looked technically poor and clumsy it didnt matter how long he played for or who we were playing against that was just how he was. I can't imagine him suddenly improving the technical side of his game at the age he is so it comes down to whether they think what he gives them is enough or not its not like he's useless I think he makes good runs he's got good strength he's quite quick so I'm not writing him off but if the coaches have spent a year with him and think they can't make it work I can understand that,

Not unless Dyche changes the way we play.
He could get 10 goals playing the way we did last season but it might not be very good for the team with his hold up play and the rest of it he would get enough chances to get 10 goals though he's quite good at that bit of the game.

Least of our worries right now, with DCL looking to leave and selling Onana. Not fussed if Beto stays.
I wouldn’t be bothered if we sold any of our players except for Pickford, Branthwaite and Tarkowski. The rest are not irreplaceable. Happy to see Onana and Beto go if it means we have a chance of replacing them with above average players, as it wouldn’t take much to replace them.

Please correct me if I’m mistaken, but I thought Lookman wasn’t happy with substitute appearances and demanded a transfer?

Hard to let a player develop when they demand a transfer.

Beto is a back up because he wasn’t good enough to replace DCL in our system. I don’t think he’s turbo gash, but he isn’t commanding starts either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back