2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton have told forward Beto that he is free to find a new club after opening preliminary discussions with Bologna over a potential transfer, sources have told Football Insider.

The Serie A club are exploring the conditions of a deal for the 26-year-old as they look to replace Man United new boy Joshua Zirkzee.

Beto still has three years remaining on his deal at Goodison Park but Sean Dyche has given the green light for him to leave.

The Portuguese may not be the only Everton player heading to Italy after Football Insider revealed the club are plotting a swap deal with Napoli for Vitaliy Mykolenko and Jesper Lindstrom.

Everton willing to accept Beto offer

After joining the Merseyside club from Italian side Udinese for £26million last summer, Beto has only managed to score three goals in 30 Premier League appearances.

With only ten of those appearances being starts, Beto was largely used as an impact sub by Dyche, brought on in the last new minutes of a match when a goal was needed.

Take or leave, im leaving for now.

Everton have told forward Beto that he is free to find a new club after opening preliminary discussions with Bologna over a potential transfer, sources have told Football Insider.

The Serie A club are exploring the conditions of a deal for the 26-year-old as they look to replace Man United new boy Joshua Zirkzee.

Beto still has three years remaining on his deal at Goodison Park but Sean Dyche has given the green light for him to leave.

The Portuguese may not be the only Everton player heading to Italy after Football Insider revealed the club are plotting a swap deal with Napoli for Vitaliy Mykolenko and Jesper Lindstrom.

Everton willing to accept Beto offer

After joining the Merseyside club from Italian side Udinese for £26million last summer, Beto has only managed to score three goals in 30 Premier League appearances.

With only ten of those appearances being starts, Beto was largely used as an impact sub by Dyche, brought on in the last new minutes of a match when a goal was needed.

Take or leave, im leaving for now.
I think it's possible as Doms wage demands are scaring off other clubs by all accounts and I think he will end up running his contract down. West Ham have apparently moved on to other targets like Sorloth and Barcodes won't change their wage structure for DCL. I can see Beto possibly leaving if Dom does stay tbh.

I think it's possible as Doms wage demands are scaring off other clubs by all accounts and I think he will end up running his contract down. West Ham have apparently moved on to other targets like Sorloth and Barcodes won't change their wage structure for DCL. I can see Beto possibly leaving if Dom does stay tbh.

I don't think Beto is getting major minutes whether DCL is here or not, so I don't feel their situations are related.

I was looking at DCL and Beto's numbers, based on how minutes they played, how many goals they scored, etc., and started comparing them to the top ten scorers in the league. One factor a lot of people don't think about is how many more chances some players can take because of style of play and time of possession. Haaland's numbers are really inflated by this, with Man City at something like 65% possession.

A lot of people also say things like they want a 20 goal scorer, but that was literally impossible for Everton last year. We had the third lowest possession in the league, and our #1 striker had so many fewer opportunities to score both because of that and because of the way we play.

If you take the number of goals these players score divided by the number of minutes they played while in possession, I think it's a more accurate gauge of they're scoring ability. If you slot them into DCL's spot with with the scoring opportunities he had, here's how they might have scored. Beto looks like he would have score as many as DCL, and the superstars would have come closer to earth, but still would have been better than Dom. But both Dom and Beto would do better with a different style of play and percentage of possession. Isak and Mateta really shine by these calculations.

PLAYERGOALSGOALS if on Everton in DCL's role
Haaland2714
Palmer2213
Isak2116
Solanke1911
Watkins1910
Foden199
Salah1810
Heung-Min178
Mateta1615
Bowen1611
Calvert-Lewin77
Beto37

We were all very keen for him to get starts at the beginning of last season but after half a dozen games you could see he is neither technically nor clinically good enough for the premier league. Sell and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back