2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends what they think they can get out of him. If they think he's going to be a much better player with a season under his belt thats great but if they don't the short sighted thing would be to keep someone you know isn't good enough just for the sake of it instead of taking the money while its on offer.
I don’t see what a pre season will achieve is that going to improve his touch??
He’s league 1 level technically, he’s all over the place. Get 70/80% of the fee back and we should sell in a heartbeat

He’s league 1 level technically, he’s all over the place. Get 70/80% of the fee back and we should sell in a heartbeat
I said season not pre season they might think he'll be better having got used to the country and the league like lots of players do. I doubt it myself thats what i'm saying but the club has to know better than me.

I said season not pre season they might think he'll be better having got used to the country and the league like lots of players do. I doubt it myself thats what i'm saying but the club has to know better than me.
Problem is he’s not 19, when you always have that chance they can improve. He’s not improving at 26

We've had mostly sub appearances with defensive wingers that overly rely on Dom's holdup play to advance down the pitch. I'm not saying Beto is a world beater, but it makes no sense to bin him off with Dom's future undecided. We should be bolstering the positions around Beto to suit his playstyle (which we're already doing) and then seeing where he's at. Why would we add a proven goalscoring striker, one of the hardest positions to fill in football, to our already cumbersome shopping list?
It already is on the basis that beto is neither proven nor a goalscorer

How many starts are you judging him off? Yes he's raw and his hold up play needs alot of work but he showed he can finish of he is fed and lot of players take a season to adapt. Unless we are getting 20m plus back I don't see the point in selling him yet. We will lose a big chunk, DCL is going too that would leave us needing two strikers in one window. When we struggle to get one of required standard.

How many starts are you judging him off? Yes he's raw and his hold up play needs alot of work but he showed he can finish of he is fed and lot of players take a season to adapt. Unless we are getting 20m plus back I don't see the point in selling him yet. We will lose a big chunk, DCL is going too that would leave us needing two strikers in one window. When we struggle to get one of required standard.
I can see from 15, 20min cameo’s what type of player he is, I just don’t see his technical frailties improving and he’s 26 not 19. I doubt you can find me a player who’s improved his poor technique in his late 20’s.

The issue is for me, is getting an injury to our main striker and being forced to start beto in 20 games, when he probably doesn’t even suit a dyche team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back