Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please explain why we aren’t whipping in any kind of crosses at all in open play when we have big Beto on the pitch and then the same with DCL?

He could have kept the ball a little better but there wasn’t much assistance from the midfield in that regard.
They can’t get the ball into the areas to do it often enough basically. Hardly anyone in the squad can pass so they struggle to create the openings. Selling Iwobi didn’t help in that regard but a lot of people don’t want to hear that.

….lacks quality but not effort. He’s certainly not a £25m striker from what I can see, probably closer to the £6m (?) he went for 12 months ago.

He’s a better option than Maupay but we will depend on DCL again.

…I haven’t to be fair. I judge on what I see and he looks a better option than what we’ve had but I don’t see him starting if DCL is miraculously fit.

i can see why Udinese bit our hands off accepting £25m for a player who cost them less than we paid for Maupay 12 months ago. I know they have to wait a year for their cash but what a deal for them.

Ive had to read these twice.

A: Lie about the transfer fee (check)
B: Lie about the timing of the fee (check)
C: Have been told several times before about Beto's last transfer deal structure (check)

Very poor form.

The fact DCL come on to replace him and not play with him shows you what a coward dyche is, the first 60 mins horrible and he went like for like instead of mixing it up.

We had no midfield in reality. Beto and DCL are too similar to play together for me, so all that would have happened is we'd have gone route 1 everytime rather than try and build up something and either cross it from wide, or play a ball through the middle. Chermiti is pretty much the same again. Maybe Harrison could play off one of them, but him and Danjuma are the only options to mix it up a bit that I see other than replacing like with like.

Jury is still out on Beto for me. Him scoring against the top 6 on a regular basis is a nice to have that I can't see happening unless we release the shackles we're playing with, but how he does against the other 13 will be what determines whether he's a hit or a miss.

Ive had to read these twice.

A: Lie about the transfer fee (check)
B: Lie about the timing of the fee (check)
C: Have been told several times before about Beto's last transfer deal structure (check)

Very poor form.

…ha,ha Zat, you need me to explain the precise details of his transfer each time I post. I don’t intent to ‘lie’, I’m just giving ball park figures. I’m sure posters know.

Ok, I just looked it up and I think he went for €15m last summer (if anybody doesn’t know, that fee was agreed 12 months earlier). Bottom line is he cost Udinese circa €15m last summer when we paid £12m for Maupay. I think that’s the right detail. Perhaps we paid £10m for Maupay, if we want to be pedantic.

From what I know we’re buying him for £25m. We might pay nothing until next season but we’re committed to paying £25m for him.

So, we’re paying £25m for a player who cost €15m 12 months ago. if anybody is interested in the structure of the deals I’m sure it’s available somewhere on the Interweb. Phew (and Thelwell is doing an incredible job).

Judging him off 60+ minutes against Arsenal is pretty weird tbh.

Let's give him 5 or 6 league games before we decide he's gash

The overreaction to us getting beat 1-0 is crazy to me, can't help but feel that the off the field stuff has made it worse and this has given Blues an opportunity to vent about uncertainties. If it was City instead of Arsenal (a team that for the most part of the season trailed in Arsenals wake last year) then we wouldn't even be batting an eye lid

The overreaction to us getting beat 1-0 is crazy to me, can't help but feel that the off the field stuff has made it worse and this has given Blues an opportunity to vent about uncertainties. If it was City instead of Arsenal (a team that for the most part of the season trailed in Arsenals wake last year) then we wouldn't even be batting an eye lid
It's not just that it was 1-0 though. We didn't even attempt to try to score a goal. We parked the bus for a 0-0 draw from the off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back