Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
…I haven’t to be fair. I judge on what I see and he looks a better option than what we’ve had but I don’t see him starting if DCL is miraculously fit.

i can see why Udinese bit our hands off accepting £25m for a player who cost them less than we paid for Maupay 12 months ago. I know they have to wait a year for their cash but what a deal for them.

I thought there was a huge drop off from the performance against Sheffield United the other week. His link up play was really sharp that day but well off it today. Could easily be down to the tactics but I thought he was wasteful on the odd occasion we did get him the ball.

We'll know a lot more about him after the next few games. Luton and Bournemouth especially are where we need an impact.

I thought there was a huge drop off from the performance against Sheffield United the other week. His link up play was really sharp that day but well off it today. Could easily be down to the tactics but I thought he was wasteful on the odd occasion we did get him the ball.

We'll know a lot more about him after the next few games. Luton and Bournemouth especially are where we need an impact.

…I don’t think his link-up play is ever going to be a strength. I read that he’s in the bottom 2% of players in the top 5 European leagues passing stats.

For me, he’s all about getting the ball beyond the CBs to run onto but we don’t play that way. He might actually be better away from home.

…I don’t think his link-up play is ever going to be a strength. I read that he’s in the bottom 2% of players in the top 5 European leagues passing stats.

For me, he’s all about getting the ball beyond the CBs to run onto but we don’t play that way. He might actually be better away from home.

I think the interview he gave this week about never lacking in effort even if he does in quality might hold a lot of truth. I've no problem with that and plenty of players have done well for the club off the back of that, but it probably also means we went a bit overboard in the first few weeks. Can't really blame after Maupay.

…I haven’t to be fair. I judge on what I see and he looks a better option than what we’ve had but I don’t see him starting if DCL is miraculously fit.

i can see why Udinese bit our hands off accepting £25m for a player who cost them less than we paid for Maupay 12 months ago. I know they have to wait a year for their cash but what a deal for them.
As I said you've obviously not watched him.

Always a tough ask today against Saliba who is a physical defender. Especially when we created next to nothing and rarely actually got it to him.

I expect that we see more of the performances like against Sheffield from him than we do todays.

Crazy challenging Beto's "link up" play today when he had nobody to link up with. Headless chickens with a loan striker against a side who were bypassing our midfield with ease. We have strikers now, try setting up a side that can stay in opponents half for more than 10 seconds.
Todays formation and game plan would leave Haaland looking like a billy no mates.

Might have actually scored from that Chermiti half-chance. :(

Can someone please explain why we aren’t whipping in any kind of crosses at all in open play when we have big Beto on the pitch and then the same with DCL?

He could have kept the ball a little better but there wasn’t much assistance from the midfield in that regard.
The wingers were occupied with defensive duties to keep Arsenal from utilizing their possession. It was a bad call in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back