Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think beto and Dom have attributes that compliment each other, they're not the same, only in a physical sense. The way they play is different, Dom is physical in the air and at holding the ball up, Beto seems to want the ball in behind to run on too and looks more capable of creating his own chances.

I think they'd work as a pair and be quite a handful. We could do with conceding less though because currently we can't score enough.

I think beto and Dom have attributes that compliment each other, they're not the same, only in a physical sense. The way they play is different, Dom is physical in the air and at holding the ball up, Beto seems to want the ball in behind to run on too and looks more capable of creating his own chances.

I think they'd work as a pair and be quite a handful. We could do with conceding less though because currently we can't score enough.
Agree. Think Beto is more of a Lukaku-type center forward - uses his pace & strength on the ball to work himself in behind.

It's not just that it was 1-0 though. We didn't even attempt to try to score a goal. We parked the bus for a 0-0 draw from the off.

I just don't think that's true really - we definitely prioritised defending tightly, but we did the exactly the same in Dyche's first home game against Arsenal. The two big differences between those two games is that: (1) We had both DCL and Iwobi whom we could play the ball into and then get bodies up the pitch, knowing either of them could keep hold of the ball, and (2) The Arsenal team is in much better shape this time around than it was last time, particularly the defence.

We had a plan that you can see the team try a few times - play it into Beto to hold up, who lays it off to a runner a la Doucoure; except Beto is nowhere near as good as Calvert-Lewin is at playing with his back to goal (or more charitably, still adjusting), so we had no foothold to build attacks on.

Even if you don't buy that - Dyche broadly got the defence right, we conceded from a clever set piece and an outrageously good finish; the problem is we were then lacking in the attack and that's broadly been the problem to start the season. I have faith he will find the balance though - sacking him would be premature.

Judging him off 60+ minutes against Arsenal is pretty weird tbh.

Let's give him 5 or 6 league games before we decide he's gash
Jokes aside, you know it's coming too. He'll be left isolated and fans will decide he's awful. The worst thing that happened was that display (against struggling League Two side Doncaster) as fans immediately started getting giddy that he was incredible. Now, if he doesn't turn in those performances in the PL, he'll be classed as awful.

Done well with minimal support. Won some good flick ons, held it well, and to be honest can understand his frustration with not getting more help.

Yes he's not going to score 20 goals a season but some very harsh views imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back