2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the way we insist on playing we are scouting for target men/ hold up type strikers and most modern day strikers are simply not that style of player. They want to be involved more and run onto the ball at feet not have it played in at chest height/head height. It's emphasised even more by the fact most wingers cut inside these days rather than hog the touchline pinging crosses in. Sometimes I just don't think we make it easy for ourselves that's all.
Agree very hard to scout for and even harder for any forward to excel in unless they are literally a target man

A sensible move wouldnt be to try and swap with Abraham...

...I think we should try a swap deal for Bove.

Such a shame this
He really looked the part playing for Udinese with the likes of Geri feeding him.

But the way our "creative" players are performing most forwards would struggle.

I'd like to give him til Xmas to work with Ndayie & Lindstrom , if not move him on.

He failed to retain possession twice in quick succession last night. This put pressure on our back four and they scored.
Has to do better.

said many times that thelwells hands have been tied and the fact he had to sign players who we could pay over x years isnt his fault, however, he's watched this lad play and ok'd the signing, that isnt a good sign.

he's every bit as bad as niasse was

said many times that thelwells hands have been tied and the fact he had to sign players who we could pay over x years isnt his fault, however, he's watched this lad play and ok'd the signing, that isnt a good sign.

he's every bit as bad as niasse was
Niasse somehow managed to score a few goals along the way

The bar is pretty low.

If he scrapes into double figures and puts himself about a bit most will be happy this coming season.

If he can't manage that, well, he's done.

Such a shame this
He really looked the part playing for Udinese with the likes of Geri feeding him.

But the way our "creative" players are performing most forwards would struggle.

I'd like to give him til Xmas to work with Ndayie & Lindstrom , if not move him on.
It’s the basics of his game that are the problem though we all know it’s hard to score goals in this team but he needs to be able to control the ball and pass and close down a lot better than he does I think there are good things about him but sometimes he looks like he’s never played before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back