2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly hope so - he's at least proven himself as a one-in-three player in Serie A over two seasons there, so here's hoping. Everton probably are locked in for £20m for him spread over another two years, so anything there or there abouts to get him off the books I'm sure would be acceptable.

Yeah we are looking at moving him on to cover the next two years costs on him, gives us way more freedom if we can do so.

27 mil for Tosun. Also spent a decent wedge on Beto. We have spent money for them. We have just wasted a lot of it. Good strikers for an affordable price will not come here. We cannot spend 40-50 mil on any players atm.
One of the big problems is our striker whoever it is feeds off scraps, but yes our scouting isn't the best qhen it comes to strikers

By adding pacier and tricky forwards/wingers, it gives the no.9 a little more space/time. I think we will see a much better goal output this season.

One of the big problems is our striker whoever it is feeds off scraps, but yes our scouting isn't the best qhen it comes to strikers
Due to the way we insist on playing we are scouting for target men/ hold up type strikers and most modern day strikers are simply not that style of player. They want to be involved more and run onto the ball at feet not have it played in at chest height/head height. It's emphasised even more by the fact most wingers cut inside these days rather than hog the touchline pinging crosses in. Sometimes I just don't think we make it easy for ourselves that's all.

I like the way you have jumped straight back into the forum and are playing the role of an ITK.

It's admirable.

I'm actually directly repeating what Connor said a few days ago in the forum Goat.

I'm hardly saying look to the west, or Witsel is ours am I?

Jumped straight back into the footy part of it anyways )

Glad to see you're still here btw

Yeah I would stay away from the Ukraine thread.
Let's hope he's moved on anyway, if he stays I will support him, but I don't think he's even close the level required.

Which is a shame, he looks a game player, but his legs just don't do what his brain asks of them.

27 mil for Tosun. Also spent a decent wedge on Beto. We have spent money for them. We have just wasted a lot of it. Good strikers for an affordable price will not come here. We cannot spend 40-50 mil on any players atm.

That was €22mil which was £18mil at the time. Certain channels reported anything from £18mil to £22mil, £25mil and £27mil.

Weve not spent a decent amount on a centre forward since Lukaku and before that, Yakubu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back