2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would try and recoup some money back for him. Our striker scouting is dreadful compared to most clubs.
We need to just go for a normal goalscorer like somebody in the Ings, Vardy category. Target men are useful, but they are becoming increasingly rare these days and to be honest not quite as effective.

We need to get shot of him and pronto.

I can't stand Darren Griffiths but he actually nailed it today when he said "he spends more time watching the defender marking him than actually watching where he needs to be to receive the ball".

He was better than DCL today which wasn't hard but there's just far too many raw edges in his game for him to be a realistic 1st choice option.

The order should currently be

Chermiti
Beto
DCL
Maupay

DCL shouldn't be getting any additional minutes unless he signs the deal on offer or leaves.

Chermiti isn't the answer yet for sure but the others have already shown in 2 games that we'll face the same issues of strikers who are poor strikers of the ball.wirh huge indecision time and time again.

This is more common that people think. I said yesterday those fools abusing Moshiri online will just ensure he turns off the taps which is what has happened.
I Just can't let this go away. Top Banter 😂 😂
Screenshot_20240728-050036~2.png

Most teams in the Premier League or Championship wouldn't take him for free imo, yet we guaranteed £20-odd million and a four-year contract. Thanks Kev.

Weve not spent "proper money" on a striker since Lukaku.
27 mil for Tosun. Also spent a decent wedge on Beto. We have spent money for them. We have just wasted a lot of it. Good strikers for an affordable price will not come here. We cannot spend 40-50 mil on any players atm.

He'll be moved on soon enough to Italy for around 20m
I certainly hope so - he's at least proven himself as a one-in-three player in Serie A over two seasons there, so here's hoping. Everton probably are locked in for £20m for him spread over another two years, so anything there or there abouts to get him off the books I'm sure would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.