Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Beto

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know hurling abuse at underperforming players is an everton tradition but i could see it be a little jarring for a player except he's from serie A so if anything the comments would be a little less racist than a fan from the Italian league you'd hope. If he stays I hope he finds his footing and puts on some decent displays for us , as he seems like a grounded and solid human being that is tenacious.

It’s sad that they’re only a little less racist

I can see from 15, 20min cameo’s what type of player he is, I just don’t see his technical frailties improving and he’s 26 not 19. I doubt you can find me a player who’s improved his poor technique in his late 20’s.

The issue is for me, is getting an injury to our main striker and being forced to start beto in 20 games, when he probably doesn’t even suit a dyche team
I think judging a player from cameos isn't always fair some players are better starters some better coming on. I agree he is more of a run onto it striker and we dont play that way or haven't maybe the new signings will help, I also agree he is very raw technically but I also think a player can improve with a run of games. I also think some players need a season to adapt its a very different style to Italy. I also think five or six goals isn't bad given he barely started ten games from my memory, I just don't see the advantage of selling him. I believe Chermiti might get more minutes too depending what happens with Dom

I really want to like him but he makes it so difficult every time he steps onto the pitch. He's so weak and needs things to be on a plate for him to do anything but his footballing IQ isn't high so he's offside when he gets a chance for something to be on a plate. Worth a punt because he has the raw attributes to be a footballer but he just doesn't have the intelligence to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back